UX Research Manager, Growth
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
UX Research Manager, Growth
NEW YORK, NEW YORK, US
HINGE – PRODUCT
Hinge is hiring a User Experience Research (UXR) Manager to improve user experiences on Hinge and drive product excellence within Hinge’s Growth product group. The Growth group includes 4 workstreams: Activation (e.g., new users), Expansion (e.g., internationalization), monetization (e.g., subscriptions), and lifecycle (e.g., notifications). Your primary responsibilities will include driving research strategy across workstreams, managing a user experience researcher on growth and hiring user experience researchers as the team scales.
To this aim, you and your team will leverage generative research (i.e., understanding user needs) and evaluative research (i.e., understanding how well solutions address user needs) to innovate around making dating easier, more focused, and more successful for users around the globe. As a research leader, you have a strong passion for and experience in mentoring and managing researchers and take an active role in adding to team culture.
You will report to and work collaboratively with the Director of Research. Research at Hinge is part of the Product team; you will join a close-knit group of 8 researchers and research operations and work closely with Design, Product Managers, Data Science, Business Intelligence, Brand, Community, and Engineering to execute and communicate research findings to inform internal stakeholders about the user experience.
Working here, your research will have tangible impacts for our users in helping them find meaningful connections on Hinge and move off the app.
- Mentor, manage, and hire user experience researchers on growth and help scale a growing research team.
- Lead research strategy across growth workstreams.
- Execute essential small-medium scoped research projects across growth workstreams that need additional research support.
- Proactively seek out ways to add to a positive and supportive research and product team culture.
- Work collaboratively with other researchers, product team members (i.e., product managers and designers) and cross-functional partners (i.e., data science, customer experience) to identify key research questions and prioritize projects in the short and long term.
- Generate actionable insights that shape product and business decisions.
- Communicate insights in compelling and creative ways; bridge alignment across Hinge teams through written reports and live presentations to cross-functional partners.
- Collaborate with Product leadership on the future trajectory for Hinge experiences.
Within three months we expect you to:
- With support from your manager, begin leading the hiring process for a growth user experience researcher.
- Lead user research for one product growth feature and summarize key actionable insights and recommendations.
- Iterate and advance a research strategic roadmap for growth, identifying key opportunities for research initiatives.
- Passionate and curious about how user research can be leveraged to improve how users find and maintain romantic connections.
- 6+ years of research experience including 2-3+ years in a consumer-facing product research role.
- Experience as a people manager. You are a thoughtful, resourceful, and adaptive leader who is dedicated to developing researchers and building meaningful cross-functional collaborations.
- Experience with marketplace platforms, subscription services, and/or new user onboarding research
- Rigorous research experience including quantitative and/or qualitative methods with a strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of each.
- Proficient in data manipulation and analysis with R or SPSS (or similar statistical software) qualitative software such as NVivo.
- Masters or PhD in social psychology, human development, sociology, anthropology, human computer interaction, political science or related field or equivalent practical experiences.
What is not Required
- You do not have to have an advanced degree to apply, we are open to equivalent practical experiences.
- You do not have to be an expert in all user experience methods to apply. Expertise in specific quantitative (i.e., survey, experimental) and/or qualitative (i.e., interview, ethnographic) methods, desire to solve complex problems, and motivation to continue growing is what we are looking for.
The salary range for this position is $180,000- $215,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and going on dates. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Hinge was the fastest-growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada and Australia in 2019 and 2020.
– Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
– Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
– Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.