Strategic Director, Account Management
- USA Only
- 2 applicants (22%)
Strategic Director, Account Management
Area of Interest: Fundraising
Position Type: Full-time
Alternate Posting Locations
- Pennsylvania – Philadelphia
- California – San Francisco
- This is a remote position and can be based anywhere within the U.S.
Leads execution against the enterprise-wide vision, direction, for developing a revenue pipeline of new corporate partnerships in addition to cultivating and growing existing corporate partnerships to national, multi-dimensional, million-dollar+ relationships. The Strategic Director will bring advanced knowledge in a range of cross functional industries with an expertise of knowledge in Health-related industries (Life Sciences, Pharmaceutical, Payor, Consumer Healthcare, etc.) and other sectors as assigned to support revenue delivery and strategic development.
This Strategic Director must be able to influence and learn from diverse internal stakeholders to identify and develop the best value proposition for each account to deliver mission impact and revenue generation. Individual must have knowledge base of sales, marketing, foundation, CSR, employee engagement/HR, procurement, benefits to develop partnerships. This leader interacts with external CEOs, EVPs, SVPs across many functions – depending on the access point within a corporation – in order to assess the mutually beneficial intersection for collaboration.
Provides expertise, ongoing guidance, and support to regional collaborators to build and implement the best account strategy for partner and ACS.
- Identify, prospect, and develop new corporate partners with new revenue pipeline
- Present multi-dimensional proposals to corporate targets
- Grow the base of new corporate targets across Health-related industry verticals
- Develop a good understanding of all the organization’s assets and new business opportunities with ability to translate to multi-dimensional partnerships
- Acquire a thorough understanding of key partner needs and requirements
- Work with internal ACS staff to identify new opportunities for support and corporate collaborations, including grants, charitable contributions, cause-marketing, sponsorship, and workplace giving
- Develop trusted relationships with corporate partners, serving as the primary point of contact and day to day relationship manager
- Expand relationship with existing partners by executing on deliverables while continuously proposing solutions that align to interest areas and objectives
- Ensure the maximum experience and impact are delivered to partners and implemented in an efficient and timely manner
- Serve as the link of communications and liaison between key partners and internal teams at the American Cancer Society
- Resolve and address any issues and problems
- Play an integral part in generating new and incremental revenue growth with existing partners resulting in sustainable and transformational relationships
- Steward and prepare regular reports of impact and forecasts to internal and external stakeholders using key account metrics
- Engage internal cross-functional associates in delivery and development of the multi-faceted account plans (Patient Support, Discovery, Advocacy and Marketing etc.) to ensure ACS is advancing mission and revenue priorities.
- Engage key leaders at high-impact companies in partnership development.
- Leverage network, personal and organizational, for ACS growth and development.
- Develop executive-level presentations with the short-term and long-range plans for accounts.
- Serves as source of expertise to colleagues in development of account plans and selling know-how.
- Leads the channel selling, planning and execution efforts for existing accounts across the Society.
- Works proactively with corporate development/marketing team to build and execute the right stewardship and recognition tools to support specific account opportunities, and/or industry wide.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of account development/sales management
- Experience in partnership development/engagement with Health-related industries
Specialized Training or Knowledge
- A highly trained business development manager with a track record of successfully establishing and managing multi-dimensional partnerships in targeted industries – non-profit experience a plus, but not a requirement.
- Strong business acumen and analytical
- Self-motivated to succeed
- High level of organizational and interpersonal influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Skilled negotiator with multi-faceted partnerships
- Sound business judgment and excellent problem solving and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experience in providing crisp, insightful information to executive teams
- Proficient at working with senior leadership across an organization to manage the process and set expectations accordingly
- Flexible mindset, and comfort with ambiguity and evolving priorities
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative thinking
- Project management capabilities and high attention to detail; comfortable working under complex demands
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Special Mental or Physical Demands
- Ability to travel (by car and/or airplane) when required (est. 20 – 25%)
The starting rate is $98,000 – $122,000. The final candidate’s relevant experience/skills will be considered before an offer is extended. Actual starting pay will vary based on non-discriminatory factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, experience, skills, specialty, and education.
The American Cancer Society has adopted a vaccination policy that requires all staff, regardless of position or work location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (except where prohibited by state law).
ACS provides staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental, retirement benefits, wellness programs, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills. Further details on our benefits can be found on our careers site at: jobs.cancer.org/benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer.