Social Media Specialist
- USA Only
- 12 applicants (24%)
Social Media Specialist
Job Locations US-Remote
Division Global Operations
Job # 2023-40104
of Openings 1
Why Valvoline Global Operations?
We’ve been inspiring and enabling what moves the world forward for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil.
Today, we’re a leading worldwide marketer and supplier of premium branded lubricants, automotive and industrial chemistries, and a business solutions provider to our customers and partners, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and customer excellence.
We’re proud to be The Originalthe first to see potential in things others overlook. Originals are the first to develop sustainable solutions. Originals move the world forward.
At Valvoline Global Operations, that’s what we do every day in over 140 countries worldwide. We create future-ready products that improve the performance of automotive and industrial equipment and services that help our businesses grow and thrive.
As The Original, we’ve been innovating to solve problems for over 150 years. And we’ll continue to invent and reinvent the way forward, to always meet our customers’ needs today and in the future.
Living out our values is what makes our company, our employees, our partners, our customers, and the communities we serve, great. It is our responsibility. It is what drives us. It is who we are.
We’re looking for people who care, operate with integrity, strive for excellence in everything they do, are eager to develop new skills to win, and show passion for delivering on our commitment to all our stakeholders. We are looking for Hungry, Humble, and Smart individuals. If this is you, you’ve come to the right place, and we invite you to join The Original!
*Valvoline Global Operations Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY, but we’re open to 100% remote capacity for non-local candidates, but willing to visit HQs as needed.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Social Media Specialist. We whole- heartedly adopt a never idle’ mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive.
We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
As the lead ambassador of the Valvoline Global Operations social community, the Social Media Specialist will continue to build on the success of our social media community presence across multiple platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Reddit, Twitter, TikTok, WeChat, Weibo and YouTube.
This role, as part of the Global Brand Equity team, will be responsible for working closely with the regional Marketing teams, Social/Creative agency partners, Corporate Communications, and the Customer Service Team to deliver cohesive brand interactions that reflect brand messaging and drive excitement and affinity.
This role is charged with shaping the future of Valvoline’s online community presence in support of Valvoline Global’s goals and objectives. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Monitoring and responding to Valvoline Global’s online communities to support brand organic social engagement KPIs and maintain brand community management SLAs (During business hours and limited evening and weekend as required). Review and respond to comments left on social networks in appropriate brand voice and tone, interact with community members and encourage engagement.
- Being an inspiring peer and help to develop and manage out-of-the-box and first-to-market social content, calendarization, and possible influencer/event activations alongside agency partners and business leaders. All organic social content should be in harmony with brand objectives, driving social engagement and increasing brand awareness, loyalty, and retention. The Valvoline Global Operations’ handle is US-first regarding region and primary audience; however, there should be a global content pillar considered to represent the entire enterprise. Recommend content for other regions/distributor use as part of calendar planning.
- Maintaining Valvoline’s social marketing platform, Sprinklr, to support community management activation, insights, and reporting, and make recommendations to Brand Manager, Social & Equity to improve platform outputs. Oversee global enterprise system governance.
- Analyzing key performance metrics regularly and implementing necessary recommendations for community management improvement around the globe. This includes issuing a monthly and quarterly report of results in partnership with the Brand Manager, Social & Equity, and adhoc reporting as required by the marketing department.
- Maintaining and distributing the social community management playbook to key cross-functional team members across Valvoline Global to support program goals and objectives.
- Coordinating with Valvoline Global’s Corporate Communications and Customer Service Teams on internal crisis management, looping in appropriate stakeholders across HR, Legal and Marketing to ensure high priority crisis cases are handled expeditiously with a goal of driving favorable brand reputation.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree required (BA in Journalism, Marketing or Mass Communications preferred)
- Minimum of three years’ hands-on social media marketing & strategy experience preferred in an agency or company background, specifically in relation to community management and content development/management
- Experience using social media and product management tools such as Sprinklr, Sprout, Hootsuite, or similar social marketing platforms
- Experience managing external clients/partners without oversight
- Proven results managing and building a social following across a variety of channels and using social to drive brand awareness
- Experience analyzing and presenting reports and actionable data to external partners and internal senior executives
- A strong understanding of key platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit and TikTok
- A passion for social media and deep familiarity with online behaviors and how to communicate across the various platforms in the cultural zeitgeist
- Solid customer service and interpersonal skills
- Good judgement and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional analytical, verbal, and written communication abilities to make sound copy decisions using intuition and data
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills that enable you to deliver against quick deadlines
- A natural solutions-oriented self-starter who can get things done and proactively make suggestions on doing things better
- Role will be performed in a corporate or home office environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- A portfolio of work that showcases all the components of leading high-impact social media campaigns including strategy, ideation, execution, establishing, and reporting KPIs
- Experience working on/for a global brand
- Experience in Adobe Workfront, AirTable or similar workflow platform
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.