Social Media Specialist
- USA Only
- 6 applicants
Social Media Specialist (6 mo contract to hire)
Summary: At Lotic, our team is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and here is how the Contractor | Social Media Specialist can make an impact:
As a Social Media Specialist , you’ll work collaboratively on the marketing team to serve the needs of the business. The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing social media content calendar and campaigns to effectively promote the organization’s brand, products, and team across various social media platforms. This role will report to the Marketing Manager and will require a creative and analytical individual who can create engaging content, interact with the online community, analyze performance metrics, and contribute to the overall marketing objectives of the company.
This position is for someone who is ready to excel in a fast-paced startup environment. Applicants should be self-motivated, and have a strong work ethic and the ability to meet deadlines. The foundations for Lotic’s culture are discipline, urgency, honesty, pragmatism, focus, and creativity. The ideal candidate will be resourceful and ego-free, and have a “no job is too big or too small” attitude.
Duration: 6 months with opportunity for full time position
Hours a week: 40
Remote, based in the US – Business hours
- Develop and execute social media marketing content calendars (30-60 day plans) that are aligned with the overall marketing strategy and business goals.
- Identify target audiences, trends, and opportunities to enhance the brand’s online presence through a series of social media channels.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to integrate social media activities with broader marketing initiatives.
- Work with the Creative Content team to develop relevant assets that resonate with our target audience. Ability to create assets for social media using tools such as Canva is a nice to have.
- Plan and schedule posts, ensuring a consistent posting schedule across various platforms. Understand social media best practices.
- Monitor and curate user-generated content, responding to comments, messages, and engaging with the online community.
- Manage and optimize social media accounts on platforms such as Facebook, Threads, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, etc.
- Stay up-to-date with platform algorithms, trends, and best practices to maximize reach and engagement.
- Explore and recommend new platforms or features to expand the brand’s social media presence.
- Identify and engage with relevant influencers and industry partners to establish collaborations and promotions.
- Build and maintain relationships with influencers to amplify the brand’s reach and credibility.
- Address and manage any negative comments or feedback in a timely and professional manner.
- Monitor online conversations about the brand and take proactive steps to protect and enhance the brand’s reputation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- 4+ years in social media management and digital marketing.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, trends, and best practices.
- Proficiency in social media management tools and analytics platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative thinking and ability to generate engaging content ideas.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team and across departments.
- Familiarity with graphic design and video editing tools is a plus.
Lotic is an insights company committed to helping people live life better. At Lotic, we believe every person has a story and every voice matters. Lotic offers a place to tell that story, aiming to help people understand themselves better through the use of artificial intelligence, data science, and behavioral science to provide private, unique insights that allow individuals to live their tomorrow better than today.
Our mission is to provide individuals increased self-awareness and evidence- based solutions.
Our teammates are mission-driven, collaborative, empathetic, and intellectually curious. The foundations for Lotic’s culture are discipline, honesty, pragmatism, focus, inclusiveness, authenticity, and creativity.
We are a fully-remote company that meets once a quarter onsite for a few days of collaboration and team fun. So far, our team has experienced L.A, Austin (Yeehaw!), Toronto, and Pittsburgh.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion:
We strongly believe the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we can be. We are committed to equal opportunity, celebrating individual differences and embracing diversity by building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply, including underrepresented groups and communities. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application process, please let us know.