Social Media Manager
Rise is an award-winning civil rights accelerator that trains everyday people to pen their own civil rights into existence. Our focus is on centering empathy, storytelling and strategy within community-organizing. You might have heard of us from our New York Fashion Week Show or the laws we’ve passed, or our work on Stop Asian Hate. To learn more about Rise visit us at www.risenow.us/careers
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Social Media Manager and Policy Associate will manage and produce content for Rise’s social media accounts, newsletter, and website. This position will also aid Rise’s other campaigns around the world.
The position is remote from anywhere in the United States but occasional travel will be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create graphics and content for our social media accounts and use in internal and external materials and communications
- Create content for and manage regular external communications, including a regular Rise newsletter
- Develop, implement and manage social media editorial calendar across Rise’s campaigns
- Maintain and design Rise’s website with the latest updates and activities from our various campaigns
- Monitor social media performance to optimize content engagement for Rise’s campaigns
- 2+ years of social media management experience
- Demonstrated Graphic Design experience (Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator or Pixelmator)
- Demonstrated Video Editing experience (Adobe Premiere/After Effects or Final Cut Pro)
- Web Development and Design experience (Rise’s website is currently designed and managed through Webflow, but other web design experience will be considered)
- Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and G-Suite
- Demonstrated experience in social media management and content creation
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Strong organizational, planning and management skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with others
- Organizing experience and knowledge of the federal and state legislative processes preferred
In place of a cover letter, please create a sample graphic for Rise’s social media based on our previous content. Please also include links to your favorite Tweet, Instagram post, and TikTok video and explain why they are your favorite. Email your example graphic, favorite social media content, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Social Media Manager and Policy Associate” as the subject line. We welcome you to also include a broader design portfolio or other materials that showcase your experience in design.
Rise is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified applications to apply regardless of disability, sex or sexual orientation, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, protected veteran status (if applicable), or any other characteristic protected by law