Social Media Manager
- USA Only
Social Media Manager
- Remote, United States
- Benefitfocus Inc.
Benefitfocus (NASDAQ: BNFT) unifies the entire benefits industry through innovative technology solutions that bring efficiency, cost savings and simplicity to employee benefits administration. Our powerful cloud-based software, data-driven insights and thoughtfully designed services help employers, insurance brokers, health plansand suppliersaddress the complexity of benefits enrollment and engagement, while bringing easier access to health, wealth and lifestyle products through a world-class benefits experience. Our mission is simple: to improve lives with benefits. The marketing team at Benefitfocus is a fundamental part of our future success and growth strategy.
We are looking for a talented Social Media Manager to manage our social media program, both at a long-term strategic level and day to day. This role will be responsible for developing a comprehensive social strategy to increase our brand awareness and to help fuel our demand generation programs. The role is also responsible for creation of original B2B marketing content, managing posts, responding to followers as needed, as well as channel management, guidelines and governance, and managing and reporting on KPIs and advertising spend across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter. As part of the Marketing team, you will play a key role in helping manage our brand identity and company image in a cohesive way to achieve our business goals.
Who should apply for this job?
- A strong writer who can clearly communicate complicated business issues and make them digestible and interesting to the general population.
- Someone who can manage all aspects of the company’s social media activity, while working well with other teams, including other members of the corporate communication team, brand and creative services, business unit communicators, corporate security, etc.
- Someone able to regularly report to the CEO and other company leaders and keep them informed of the strategic direction and results of our social media activities. You will apply appropriate metrics and benchmarks to track the results of our efforts and also provide guidance, based on your expertise and industry best practices, on possible changes to achieve better results.
- Participate in the development of a B2B content strategy for each digital channel.
- Develop strategic content workstreams, via the “hub and spoke model” to support brand recognition, traffic and lead generation goals.
- Create fresh content & innovative strategies for content reuse.
Campaign Development + Management
- Collaborate with creative and brand teams to develop high quality social media posts and other content products.
- Write and edit content for publishing on Benefitfocus-owned channels (social, website, microsites, etc.).
- Track, analyze and interpret metrics to assess the efficacy of content. Recommend strategy changes to increase effectiveness of content and resources.
- Review content performance data and develop reports and dashboards and share with internal marketing audiences.
Social Media Channel Management
- Manage the alignment of content published on various channels.
- Ensure use of consistent visual and verbal brand identity on social media channels.
- Support business unit social media efforts as needed.
- Cultivate a community of engaged followers by creating appealing content and executing creative strategies.
- Use a combination of data analysis, user research, metrics, benchmarking, and content audits to identify opportunities for improvement in channels managed.
Education Requirements/Critical Skills:
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience managing multi-audience B2B campaigns.
- Strategic thinking/planning and attention to detail
- Familiarity with distribution lists and mass emails.
- Ability to interact with executives and maintain discretion with confidential information.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at one time.
- Team player (works well with comms colleagues and clients).
- Benefitfocus or benefits management knowledge is a plus.
- Social Channels: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Glassdoor.
- Paid: LinkedIn sponsored content, Twitter Ads, FB ads.
- Measurement: Native analytic dashboards per channel, Oktopost, Google Analytics – can ask for needed data and analyze to understand performance.
- Planning tools: Jira, Kapost, Trello, etc.
- Proper campaign tracking and measurement via UTM paramaters, URL shorteners, etc.
- Basic knowledge of web development, Drupal or other content management systems a plus.