Social Media Fellow, Commerce
- USA Only
- 31 applicants
Title: Social Media Fellow, Commerce
Location: Los Angeles, New York, or Remote
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We’ll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Business Area: Content
Job Category: Publishing
Salary: 23/hr USD
Union Status: NonUnion
BuzzFeed Inc. is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. We reserve the ability to adjust the final compensation for this role based on the final candidate’s experience, skillset, certifications, and geography.
BuzzFeed is seeking a Social Media Fellow to join our social publishing team dedicated to all things shopping. As a fellow, you will provide publishing support for the team, as well as contribute ideas, create content, and analyze and strategize around data. The ideal candidate is organized, goal-oriented, and enthusiastic about social media, and particularly into all things shopping if you’re the type of person who’s always clicking add to cart’ or influenced to shop all TikTok fyp recs, this type of role is ideal for you.
Consider this role a crash course in content curation, data analysis, and affiliate business, with the bulk of the role focusing on how to draw in social audiences for the sake of shopping! You’ll walk away from the program with an invaluable understanding of the ins and outs of social, affiliate marketing, and more.
This Fellowship is part of a six-month program. Fellows work 40 hours per week and are initially paid $23/hr. The Fellowship allows for candidates to work fully remote in select locations, but there will also be opportunities to work from our NY or LA locations.
All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply. As part of your application, please include the following: one short paragraph describing a recent favorite purchase (bonus points if it’s something you discovered via social media!) and a comprehensive strategy for how you’d market that purchase to a social media audience on a platform of your choice.
- Schedule posts and curate shopping-oriented content across platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, or Pinterest.
- Read and watch BuzzFeed Shopping content and find creative ways to adapt content to different social channels and audiences.
- Optimize content across social channels and maintain a consistent publishing calendar while working to surpass aggressive traffic goals.
- Analyze and prepare insights for the social and editorial teams to continuously find best practices for social optimization.
- Track performance of all initiatives across platforms and provide recommendations for high-performing content.
- Test creative and copy to discover ways to maximize engagement and traffic.
- Contribute ideas for social strategy around different Shopping and sales events.
- Assist with experiments on emerging platforms to strategize new opportunities for revenue.
- Generate reports/share pertinent information across multiple teams.
- Collaborate with other members of the Commerce Social team as well as our business and editorial teams to meet traffic and revenue goals.
- A passion for shopping / commerce content
- A unique POV or voice, particularly in crafting copy or creative assets
- A knack for analyzing and interpreting social data
- Proven organizational skills
- A deep understanding of social platforms, including knowledge of different social audiences and their unique behavior
- The ability to work with diverse teams to achieve common goals
- An enthusiasm for all things social
- A self-motivated ambition to try new projects and come up with experiments
- The ability to be flexible around shifting priorities or projects
- Previous social and/or e-commerce experience a big plus
Life at BuzzFeed, Inc.
We celebrate inclusion and are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, and more
- An attractive and equitable compensation package, including salary and stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym and wellness discounts, and much more.
We want all employees to feel safe and comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health and safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note:BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.