Social Media Coordinator
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (50%)
Social Media Coordinator
at Charter School Growth Fund
Flexible within the US
The Charter School Growth Fund (CSGF) is a leading nonprofit venture philanthropy fund dedicated to identifying the nation’s best public charter schools, investing in their expansion, and helping to increase their impact. Our “portfolio” includes 140+ charter school networks that operate 1,100+ schools and serve more than 500,000 students. We are committed to expanding the impact of schools that are closing achievement and opportunity gaps. CSGF operates with the same strategies, discipline, and focus as a venture capital firm by awarding multi-year grants and loans to talented education entrepreneurs building networks of high-quality charter schools that enroll traditionally underserved students. Ultimately, we think the portfolio can grow to serve ~1,000,000 students within a decade.
This is an exciting time to join the Charter School Growth Fund. We are launching our next philanthropic fund in 2022, building on our 15-year track record of success. CSGF’s new five-year “Fund IV” will be larger in size and scope than previous funds, with a goal to continue to fuel charter sector growth, accelerate innovation, and strengthen long-term outcomes for students, particularly students of color and those from low-income backgrounds. Our new fund will continue to prioritize investments in leaders of color as our current portfolio is led by more than 50% leaders of color and more than 50% female leaders. We believe it is vital for the networks we support to be proximate to the lived experiences of the students and communities they serve.
CSGF is seeking a full-time Social Media Coordinator to serve on the Policy, Communications and Advocacy team. The Social Media Coordinator is responsible for managing and increasing CSGF’s social media footprint, by monitoring, updating and posting approved content to the firm’s various social media channels, including but not limited to Twitter and Facebook.
The Social Media coordinator works across a number of internal teams including Portfolio, Talent and Investor Relations. The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for contributing to and executing on a firm-wide social media strategy.
The Social Media Coordinator will be the connection point for CSGF teams responsible for knowledge management, early-stage growth and external relations. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a matrixed environment with multiple stakeholders.
- The Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for curating and synthesizing content for all of CSGF’s social media platforms. This consists of timely updates to social media based on CSGF generated content, portfolio member contributions and real time re-posting of relevant material.
- In addition, the Social Media Coordinator will be responsible for graphics design and microsite development, short video editing, newsletter management and media monitoring.
- The Social Media Coordinator is also responsible for maintaining and tracking social media metrics for the firm, analyzing strategy performance, and using CSGF’s platforms to assist in garnering Seed applicants and supporting talent acquisition efforts.
- Expert-level knowledge of all social media platforms including but not limited to Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Experience with Canva, Adobe Express, and Boolean codes
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment
- Preference given to applicants that are graduates of any CSGF portfolio member current or Emeritus.
- Experience with the charter school community and education reform
- Interest in researching K-12, charter schools and leadership development
- Education, Business or Marketing major
WORKING AT CSGF
We are focused on hiring and developing great people and believe that building diverse perspectives across our team makes us more effective in expanding our impact. (This is reflected in Our Commitment to Diversity Statement.) Our core values are:
- Results. We work relentlessly to create efficient, measurable, and sustainable results. We strive for excellence and pursue our mission tenaciously. Ideally, you thrive working in a self-directed manner in a fluid environment where flexibility and tenacity are required.
- Entrepreneurship. We embrace calculated risks and new approaches. We have an entrepreneurial spirit that welcomes innovation, diversity of ideas, and risk. We rely on you to question conventional wisdom and think independently.
- Integrity. We are truthful, fair, and trustworthy in all aspects of our work. We hold ourselves and our partners to the highest ethical standards. We trust you will too.
- Respect. We appreciate the challenges faced by education entrepreneurs and recognize the limits of our own knowledge. We understand that our ultimate success depends on that of our partners. Your humility will be key to building trusted and authentic relationships.
- Teamwork. We value each of our team members as individuals but believe that we achieve the best results by working together. We willingly sacrifice individual interests and recognition for greater collective impact. We hope having fun at work is important to you and that you are a team player.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and education. The target salary range for this role is $45,000-$50,000 annually. CSGF offers a very competitive package of benefits, including: health, life, disability and dental insurance coverage; vacation/holidays and parental leave; and participation in CSGF’s 403(b) plan. Candidates must have permanent authorization to work in the US.
CSGF is seeking candidates who can start as soon as possible.
COVID-19 VACCINATION POLICY
Unless prohibited by state or local law, CSGF requires that all staff be fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine (or approved for an exemption as a reasonable accommodation due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief). CSGF abides by each state’s requirements and acknowledges those may change over time. If moved forward to the phone screen stage, you have the chance to ask the talent team any questions you may have about this requirement.
Charter School Growth Fund provides equal employment opportunity for