Social Media Content Specialist
- USA Only
- 7 applicants (18%)
Social Media Content Specialist
About the Job
As a key member of the Marketing team, the Social Media Content Specialist will help drive the growth of our social media channels by developing consistently engaging content that supports brand goals and marketing initiatives. You’ll report to our Director of Marketing, Emma Werner, and will work closely with both the Marketing team as well as cross-functional teams at Magoosh.
This is a 100% remote role (i.e., work from anywhere in the U.S.!). You must reside and be authorized to work in the U.S.
Location-based salary ranges:
Tier 1: $83,500-$102,500
- SF Bay Area Metro Area
- NY Tri-State Metro Area
- Seattle-Tacoma Metro Area
Tier 2: $75,000-$92,500
- All other cities in the US
What You’ll Gain
- Experience serving as the primary driver of various social media accounts
- The opportunity to be creative and own the content development process
- Experience making a direct team & organizational impact
- The opportunity to collaborate with Product experts within the company to ideate and create content
- Speed & agility that comes with a smaller company — close access to decision makers with less red tape, where you can share an idea and implement it – fast!
- Flexibility, autonomy, and an engaging & caring work culture that prioritizes DEIB
- Access to Learning & Development tools so you can continue to grow in your career
- Magooshy benefits and perks, like our Class Stipend that can be used for fun classes (art, gardening, cooking, dance, bartending, etc.)!
In this position, you will
- Support the growth and success of our key social media accounts (TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest), primarily focusing on and being the face of our TikTok & YouTube (shorts) channels
- Be responsible for the entire content creation process including ideation, scripting, filming and, in some cases, post-production editing
- Own content results and iterate based on performance/metrics
- Schedule, post, and promote content across platforms, including managing agency-generated content through the post production process
- Manage static photo/creative asset ideation and creation (internal and with external contractors) across social media channels
- Drive brand awareness through engagement with relevant posts and accounts across social media channels, engaging in social listening for the brand/products across platforms
- Research and capitalize on social media trends
- Have knowledge of basic social media KPIs (impressions, likes, average view duration, etc.)
- An experienced content creator & social media guru
- You have expertise in developing engaging short-form style YouTube shorts & TikTok content that performs well and drives growth (from ideation to post-production)
- You know how and why different types of content and strategies perform differently across social media platforms and are able to optimize content for each channel individually
- You enjoy keeping track of social media trends and respond quickly
- You are familiar with social media scheduler platforms (ex. Later, Hootsuite) and photo/video editing software/apps (ex. Canva, Capcut)
- An effective communicator
- You are thoughtful in the way you communicate both verbally and in writing and you understand the importance of not only what’s being said, but also how and when it’s said
- You always consider the intent and impact of your communication on your audience and constantly seek out and are receptive to feedback
- You know how to relate to, capture and engage with your audience, utilizing scriptwriting and copywriting skills, as well as your on-camera presence
- Creative, organized, and agile
- You have lots of ideas and love to think outside of the box when it comes to content marketing and brand awareness strategies for social media
- You are able to execute against timelines you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Not least, you have a passion for making a difference and leveling the education playing field!
Extra credit if you…
- Have experience creating content for digital products, educational content, and/or tech related content
- Have experience working with Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, and/or After Effects
Note: We do not require minimum years of experience in the field. We welcome and encourage you to apply, even if you don’t think you meet all the requirements for the position.