- 15 applicants (20%)
- Remote job
Hello from SovTech
Are you looking to become part of a team that is changing the way businesses across the world build software? Our mission is to design, build, deploy and maintain innovative custom software that allows our clients to start, run and grow world-class businesses with globally distributed teams based in Johannesburg, London, Nairobi, and Cape Town
We invest in people who can see the future & who work hard to achieve it. SovTech has a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team. We’re only looking for outstanding people those unique individuals who are brilliant, always happy to help, socialize, get involved, work hard, and enjoy what they do! We have a continuous learning culture that allows our people to grow and develop in the opportunities across our various teams. Keep reading to learn about what else we have to offer
About the role:
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking an experienced SEO Specialist to join our Growth team. The SEO Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of SEO, including technical SEO, local SEO, website management, backlink generation, and content planning. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of driving organic traffic growth and improving search engine rankings for multiple websites.
- Develop and execute SEO strategies to drive organic traffic growth and improve search engine rankings for multiple websites.
- Conduct website audits to identify technical SEO issues and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Optimise website content, including on-page optimisation, keyword research, and content planning.
- Develop and implement local SEO strategies to improve visibility in local search results.
- Generate high-quality backlinks through outreach, partnerships, and other link-building techniques.
- Monitor and analyse website performance metrics, including traffic, rankings, and conversions, and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest SEO trends and best practices, and recommend new strategies and tactics to improve website performance.
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in SEO, with a proven track record of driving organic traffic growth and improving search engine rankings.
- Strong knowledge of technical SEO, local SEO, and backlink generation techniques.
- Experience with website management and optimisation, including Webflow
- Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to analyse website performance metrics and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex SEO concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with content planning and optimisation for SEO.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or a related field.
If you are a results-driven SEO Specialist with a passion for driving organic traffic growth and improving search engine rankings, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join our Growth team.
About our Culture:
We are Fluid
Our teams are globally distributed so we have adopted a Fluid approach to remote vs office-based work, encouraging freedom, fluidity of working location, collaboration & exploration. At SovTech, teams define their remote days to encourage collaboration & knowledge sharing whilst still creating the flexibility of remote working.
Some cool things we do at SovTech
- Annual full-company year end retreat.
- Dev chats every Friday with a beer or dial in from where ever you are based in the world.
- Become part of any the many Fluid Clubs that we offer (Soccer, Gaming, Wine club, Bookclub, Plant lovers, Running, SelfCare, Music, Art, Entrepreneurs)
- Hatch (Annual company-wide hackathon)
- Annual FoosFest with our very own Minister of Foosball.
- Our own currency(Stacos) – 50 Stacos is given to each employee every month by the company to spend on rewarding and recognising your colleagues, Stacos are redeemable for a variety of online shopping vouchers.
- Get a portion of your salary paid in Bitcoin
- Explore week – #WFA Work from anywhere for a full week.
- All staff access to the Insight Timer App and Mental Health Workshops