Senior Media Buyer - Google Ads - Fully Remote
Metabolic is a rapidly scaling fully remote $60MM+ DTC metabolic optimization company seeking a performance marketing leader to be our first Senior Media Buyer of Google Ads. You'll 100% own crafting the strategy, building the team and driving the execution across YouTube, Display, Shopping, Search, Discovery and Performance Max. We spend $2M - $3M+ per month in-house on paid social and expect to match, if not 2-3x that, across the Google Ads ecosystem as we scale out our new Metabolic brand.
If you're passionate about health and wellness, want to be part of our mission to make living healthy as easy as possible, help us hit our goal of building a billion-dollar brand by 2025, and you love to...
- Drive performance for high-volume multi-million $ per month campaigns...
- Obsess about every single setting inside the entire Google Ads interface...
- Meticulously organize campaign names, audiences and conversion goals...
- Test and learn how the Google Ads algo REALLY works (despite what the reps say)...
- Have a DTC conversion-focused mindset with deep empathy for consumer psychology...
... then please read on as you're precisely the type of unique talent we're looking for.
What are the Key Points?
- Compensation : $150,000 - $175,000 + Bonus
- Location : 100% Remote (virtual team of 200+ with no corporate office)
- Benefits : Health/Dental/Vision/Disability/Life + Matching 401k + Unlimited PTO
- Hours : 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EASTERN (to standardize our rhythms)
- Culture : Human-first with High-Performing, Happy & Humble People (no jerks)
- Personality : Obsessed with Details so We can Simplify the Complex for Others
Who Will You Report Into?
Hello, my name is Montana Dambly, VP of Growth Marketing, and I need your help. I joined Metabolic last year to build out a world-class in-house growth marketing team. First, we hired a Director of Paid Social and a supporting team and have scaled that to $2M - $3M per month. And now we're hiring a dedicated Senior Media Buyer of Google Ads to repeat that success.
Initially, this will be an extremely hands-on position in which you drive the daily execution while you build out your team. If you don't get a thrill out of diving into the weeds each day and nerding out on detailed campaign setup and optimization, then this opportunity is NOT for you.
What's the Team and Environment Like?
I ran a $67M annual Google Ads budget in my prior role, so I've gone to great lengths to setup a collaborative, efficient environment that allows you to do what you do best - drive performance:
- Dedicated Creative - We have an 8-person creative team that's dedicated to performance marketing... they are highly engaged and look at the same data you will
- 1st-Party Reporting - We've setup 1st-party reporting in Tableau to solve the attribution problems associated with iOS ATT's privacy restrictions so we can have accurate reporting
- Dedicated Conversion Rate Optimization Team - Their sole focus is to optimize the landing pages and funnels to maximize CVR, AOV and LTV
- API Integrations - These automatically push offline conversions to enhance attribution and build 1st-party customer lists daily to enable lookalike expansion and timely retargeting
- Predictive LTV - We're about to launch an internally-built predictive LTV engine to provide enhanced valued-based conversion signals to improve performance
What's the Ideal Candidate's Background?
The ideal candidate has DTC in their blood and has several years of hands-on management of $1M+ monthly of both conversion-focused and full funnel campaigns. You obsess about hitting your CPA and ROAS targets and understand how important reaching the right audience is to maximize LTV:CAC. You've extensively tested target ROAS, target CPA, maximize conversion value, etc. to know the best ways to use them... and you're intimately familiar with every setting in the Google Ads UI.
Just as importantly, you're extremely into health, wellness and/or fitness. You love experimenting with new habits, realize how important having an optimized daily routine is and simply can't get enough of this stuff. Perhaps you've had a health challenge that got you interested, or you've just always been highly passionate about health, wellness and fitness. Either way, your eyes are lighting up at the possibility of aligning your personal passion with your professional superpower.
If you're getting that funny feeling of "this feels like it is written just for me", please apply ASAP.
What's Our Culture Like?
We have a human-first culture that puts the needs of our team first. We combine dedicated time for deep work to deliver world-class performance with a standard set of rhythms that allow us to stay in alignment, be transparent and eliminate office politics. For example:
- Standard 8:30 to 5:00 p.m. ET schedule to protect your personal and family time
- No standing meetings before 1 p.m. ET to empower you with 4 hours truly of deep work to GSD
- Daily huddles and weekly check-ins to brainstorm, align on priorities and remove bottlenecks
- No meetings the first week of the month to gain momentum for the month ahead
Who Are We and How Are We Different?
Our mission is simple: make living healthy easier than living unhealthy. We do that by empowering people to fix their own health with our metabolism-first approach and unified ecosystem that powers our MetabolicOS. 3 things make us different than others in the health and wellness space:
- Metabolism-First - After 11 years of trial-and-error with 500k+ people, we've found optimizing your metabolism delivers the results you want: feeling your best, looking your best, performing your best and living longer. Your metabolism is your inner compass for health, but most people don't understand how to read it; once you do, it'll tell you exactly what to do to help you thrive.
- Individualized-Approach - Paleo may work great for one person's metabolism, Vegan for another, Keto for another, etc. Everyone's different, so to achieve results that stick, those differences must be respected; if not, things will backfire. That's why our approach is 100% customized to the individual - there is no perfect program to find , it must be built to support how that specific person's unique metabolism works. This is where the usual one-size-fits-all solutions fail - they don't respect our very real individual differences.
- Integrated Ecosystem - It's simply too hard to live healthy - lots of great individual solutions, but nothing is connected. We're left to stitch everything together, which is confusing. We simplify everything with an integrated suite of the offerings you need to optimize your metabolism. We started with nutrition, then exercise, then supplements, then coaching and are constantly pulling in new pieces of the health puzzle.
What's Our Past and Future?
We've had a somewhat usual journey as we built everything organically and in reverse. We started 11 years go with no centralized brand by launching products and services to solve one consumer problem at a time - nutrition, exercise, supplements, memberships, coaching and functional foods. Each one has been marketed separately under different brands. And now we're unifying them under our new brand Metabolic that will be supported by the launch of our flagship e-comm site in Q3:22 and our all-in-one digital subscription app in Q1:23, setting the stage for our next leg of growth.
What Are the On-going Responsibilities?
- Deliver Results - Collaborate with our creative, funnel and engineering teams to get what's needed to deliver against your ROAS, LTV and spend targets
- Build World-Class Team - Recruit your own A-team to ensure our goals and objectives are hit as we scale from one growth stage to the next
- Develop Strategy - Develop and execute a holistic, integrated Google Ads strategy to scale each channel (YouTube, Search, Display, etc.) while hitting our KPIs
In Depth Analysis - Dive deep into all digital analytics to spot patterns, gain insights and inform the on-going design of experiments to continually improve ROAS, CAC, LTV and other KPIs
Manage Campaigns - Perform hands on, day-to-day management of all campaigns, building, optimizing, scaling, tearing down and rebuilding as necessary
- Direct Ad Creative - Collaborate with the creative team to build the high-converting video, graphic, text ads needed to execute against your campaign strategy
- Go to Market - Collaborate with strategic leadership to devise plans to drive new product marketing initiatives should you spot exciting new opportunities we should capitalize on
What Key Skills and Experience are Needed?
- 5+ Years DTC Media Buying - Hands-on daily management of at least $1M / month in DTC conversion-focused ad spend, a deep understanding of the entire Google Ads ecosystem
- Consumer-Oriented - Flourishes in a DTC environment with strong empathy for consumer psychology, knows how to develop and target personas, do audience research, etc.
- Team Leader - Have built 1 or more customer acquisition / media buying teams, and are very comfortable switching between managing people and doing your own hands-on work
- Test-and-Learn Curiosity - It's difficult for you to stop asking "why" or "what if"... you love to understand all of the details and don't stop testing until you figure it out
- Data-Driven - Comfortable flexing the analytical side of your brain with a passion for pouring through reams of response data to detect patterns of success to replicate
- Systems-Oriented - Loves to create order out of chaos with highly organized, repeatable processes and systems that methodically deliver sustained success efficiently
- Driven to Excellence - An ownership mentality with a relentless inner drive to excellence that other people who aren't built that way find disturbingly intense :-)
- Exceptional Communication Skills - A perceptive listener who quickly synthesize info and can formulate a methodical action plan that can be clearly articulated verbally and in writing
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (Matching 401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources