Senior Marketing Performance Analyst
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (17%)
Title: Senior Marketing Performance Analyst
Location: Denver, CO; New York, NY; San Francisco, CA; Remote
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
The Team: You’ll be part of the Revenue Operations Forecasting & Analytics team surrounded by adept complementary partners in marketing, sales, data science, business intelligence, dataops, finance, and more. Candidates should be highly self-motivated to drive revenue-impacting outcomes, not just numerical outputs. You should be comfortable with working across a range of cadences, from one-off ad-hoc analyses to lifecycle management of key data products, like dashboards and canonical datasets.
The Role: We are seeking a Senior Marketing Analyst to provide actionable analysis, forecasting, and reporting to improve the performance of our digital marketing channels. The successful candidate will work closely with the marketing team and cross-functional partners to understand customer segments, identify revenue-affecting opportunities, and develop a forecasting engine for demand strategy.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Analyze data from various digital marketing channels (paid search, SEO, paid social, display, etc.) to provide insights and recommendations for improving performance
- Own the reporting of key marketing funnel metrics by channel, and maintain a consistent reporting cadence to communicate performance, areas for improvement, and successes or failures
- Create measurement framework across different funnel stages (TOF, MOF, and BOF) and marketing channels & campaigns
- Work with revenue data science and finance to build and maintain a forecasting engine for demand strategy development
- Analyze cross-channel data (including email, upsell, retention, ads, in-app campaigns) to develop insights into customer segments and identify revenue-affecting opportunities
- Provide analysis and insight into marketing and business development/partner marketing initiatives, including campaign performance, channel contributions, attribution analysis, ROI, and performance against budget and forecast
- Partner with Business Intelligence to build production-ready dashboards to help business partners make faster and better decisions
- Engage cross-functionally with Revenue Operations (SalesOps, MarOps, DataOps) to maintain data integrity and identify changes needed to databases to support marketing team requirements
- Champion data literacy within the organization, ensuring that stakeholders understand the usage and impact of deliverables, rather than just vanity metrics
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- 5+ years in a highly analytical role such as marketing analytics, marketing ops or or data-driven role
- Intense attention to detail with a maniacal focus on quality and accuracy.
- Strong organization, prioritization and troubleshooting skills while juggling multiple projects using Agile methodologies.
- Solid experience analyzing complex datasets to drive insights and decision-making.
- First-principles thinker who can reduce problems to their essence and focus on value-added outcomes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially with assisting in generating inputs to reviews and reports that are often assembled just-in-time
- Self-starter who thrives in a rapidly changing environment, unfazed by blank sheet of paper problems (vs. highly structured environment).
- Ability to inform and support senior leadership, drive change, and also pivot to work in the details to troubleshoot issues.
- Intermediate to advanced SQL
- Intermediate to advanced use of spreadsheets
- Intermediate to advanced user of Tableau
- Competent visual thinker able to construct data stories via dashboards and slides
Nice to Have:
- Experience with sales & marketing stacks (e.g. Salesforce, Marketo)
- Experience with marketing forecasting and data visualization
- Familiarity with related data-science methods, like regression etc.
- Familiarity with RevOps analytics challenges
- Experience in a fast-paced technology company or team within larger org
- Understanding of DataOps practices, like testing, data-quality, governance, Data Product mindset, etc.
Compensation: Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $134,000 – $146,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $162,000 – $177,500/year for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.