Senior Marketing Manager
Senior Marketing Manager
GAMES DEVELOPMENT – RS OLD SCHOOL
A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever- evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
The Old School RuneScape Marketing Team are responsible for the growth of Old School RuneScape, ensuring the product is achieving its Marketing KPIs focused on awareness and acquisition. The embedded Marketing team work to build and execute a marketing strategy & roadmap of player facing communication that helps achieve the product objectives. The team is also responsible for shaping and owning the OSRS brand, coordinating with Creative Services, Product & Design to ensure consumer facing materials reflect it. The vision of Old School RuneScape is to be the most player obsessed MMORPG on the planet, and so player and market insights are at the core of what we do.
As the Senior Marketing Manager, you will lead marketing strategy and execution for OSRS. Reporting into the Marketing Director, you will be a key member of the embedded OSRS Marketing team. You will grow the game by creating industry leading go-to-market plans that support key initiatives & releases, and work closely with functional specialists to ensure they are executed as planned.
Key Duties Include:
- Translate product strategy and commercial targets into long term marketing strategies focused on acquisition, engagement, and monetization, with detailed requirements ensuring brand compliance and consistency.
- Orchestrate the planning & oversee the execution of Marketing plans in co-operation with key stakeholders and channel owners e.g UA, Social, Community, CRM, influencers, Web & more.
- Create and own a central Marketing calendar ensuring all key releases, updates and initiatives are captured and communicated to relevant stakeholders across the business at a regular cadence.
- Oversee asset briefing, production, delivery, and distribution, and act as a point of sign off to ensure all materials align with campaign objectives and brand guidelines.
- Liaise with external agencies where needed as part of campaign planning and execution.
- Ensure campaigns are measured and reported against agreed objectives and KPIs with insights, learnings and recommendations included as standard. Report performance of Marketing campaigns back to the team and the wider business.
- Raise the visibility of all OSRS Marketing activities across the team and wider business, ensuring feedback is heard and acted on where appropriate.
- Help to define the brand identity, product positioning and target audience in collaboration with Product teams and other stakeholders.
- Uncover and curate actionable player insights in collaboration with community, Research and Analytics teams.
- Grow, manage, and mentor individuals within the OSRS Marketing team.
- 3+ Years Marketing experience within the games industry.
- Demonstrable record of delivering AAA Marketing plans, hitting planned dates and within agreed budgets.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Experience using player insights tools & player insights to impact marketing decisions.
- Experience analyzing and tracking performance of cross channel marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with a broad range of teams, UA, Creative, Brand, Social & Community and CRM.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends within online gaming.
- Experience working with PC online titles with strong communities a bonus.
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen