Senior Manager, Marketing Operations
- USA Only
- 1 applicant
Senior Manager, Marketing Operations
Location:Remote , United States
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized as one of BuiltIn’s 2023 Best Places to Work in the US and is a Y Combinator 2023 Breakthrough Company and Top Company by Valuation.
About the team/role
Our revenue operations team is looking for someone to lead our marketing operations function. As the Senior Manager, Marketing Operations , you will partner closely with the marketing organization to determine strategies for growth, streamline processes, and drive operational initiatives forward.
We’re looking for an analytically minded leader who will help us scale marketing programs across all segments (from SMB to Enterprise), channels (from digital inbound to account-based marketing), and go-to-market motions (from partnerships to customer marketing).
The ideal candidate is curious and isn’t afraid of a large data set, can synthesize insights, make recommendations, and most importantly, drive action from it. You don’t just look at the numbers, but you understand the greater business context behind them. This is not your typical campaign execution role. We’re looking for someone who will have a huge impact – someone focused on driving efficiency through automation and someone who’s laser-focused on what’s going to drive results.
What you’ll do
- Serve as a strategic thought partner to the marketing organization by surfacing key insights, providing recommendations on areas for improvement, and identifying growth levers in order to set strategic direction.
- Build and lead a world-class marketing operations team and maintain the marketing ops roadmap.
- Own goal setting, forecasting and campaign analysis from top of funnel efforts through to pipeline and ultimately revenue, across all marketing motions (self-serve, channel and sales-led for both new logo acquisition as well as customer growth).
- Spearhead annual planning – from strategy to budgeting to KPIs in order to hit annual plan.
- Help solve key challenges, such as attribution, lead routing and follow-up, program automation, and data accuracy.
- Work with the analytics team to provide actionable insights for our marketing leaders to drive funnel efficiency and growth.
- Build alignment and drive cross-functional initiatives forward, working across sales, product, customer success, finance, business development, and support.
- Work with the business systems team to design and implement any necessary infrastructure and automation needed to scale the revenue organization.
- Partner closely with the revenue organization and cross functional counterparts to ensure execution against plan and hold teams accountable for what they’ll deliver.
What you bring
- 8+ years of marketing, operations or analytics experience in a B2B or B2C environment.
- Ability to see the forest from the trees – you focus on the largest impact initiatives and can easily prioritize.
- A proven track record of identifying strategic improvements, advocating for them internally, and implementing them.
- Experience across multiple go-to-market motions a plus: enterprise sales/account-based marketing (ABM), ecommerce/growth hacking, customer marketing.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills. Comfort analyzing and visualizing data in excel, Salesforce, and BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.).
- You’re able to tell a story with data that generates buy-in from senior leadership.
- Proficiency in our tool stack – Salesforce and Marketo required; Looker, Outreach a plus.
- A desire to constantly improve and zero patience for inefficiency. You think in terms of scale and build with automation and repeatable processes.
- A deep understanding of the customer journey. Experience with data augmentation, lead routing, and lead scoring a plus.
What you’ll get
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Up to $25K reimbursement for fertility, adoption, and parental planning services
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges inall of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. For more information on our compensation philosophy, seeour website
The salary range for this role is$111,163 to $231,380.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including theSan Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance