Senior Key Account Manager
- USA Only
Title: Senior Key Account Manager
Location: Remote in USA
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We’re a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in the heart of downtown Toronto with offices in Toronto, Canada and Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK’s leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
Our Senior Key Account Manager, Retail Sales at ecobee will the own North American customer relationships, account strategies and be the point person for all account related inquires. They champion ecobee’s brand and vision within our retailer organizations and bring the voice of the account inside ecobee.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a collaborative mindset working in close conjunction with finance, operations, channel marketing, product marketing, product development, and the broader sales team all while staying true to our business objectives and vision. You will need to possess the Challenger Sales mindset, always be leading with insights and matching needs with solutions in a constructive way. We are looking for a business owner, entrepreneur, challenger and collaborator!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- You will own the key account relationships with major retail partners and manage all functions of account-specific deliverables, including set sales and profit targets.
- Facilitate connections in other functional areas of the retailer in conjunction with internal stakeholders to position ecobee as a best in class partner within the connected home space.
- Demonstrate analytical and fact-based analysis supporting all recommendations and proposals with detailed analysis and sound logic.
- Be the voice of the customer internally with respect to retailer-specific needs, product input and operational efficiency.
- Develop and execute Annual Joint Business Plans with quarterly reviews and presentation internally and externally to senior management.
- Negotiates and manages trade funds to achieve retailer and company objectives by consistently measuring and enforcing optimal effectiveness and mutual value-creation.
- Works with operations to develop accurate sales forecasts and achieve specified levels of forecast accuracy as part of the budgeting process.
- Collaborates with channel marketing to optimize merchandising, promotions, training and audit executions by always challenging the status quo and keeping a continuous improvement mindset.
- Manage and maintain all weekly/monthly/annual reporting of the account including scorecards, profit and loss statements and joint business plans.
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- You have a degree in Business, an MBA would be an asset.
- Progressive sales experience in a customer facing environment working with national retailers in Canada and/or US.
- You have strong collaboration and teamwork skills and can work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally, you have experience in Consumer Electronics, IT or Telco account management
- Data and numbers driven, you have experience with forecasting and P&L management
- You take initiative, follows-through and is detail oriented
- Self-motivated and comfortable within a startup and ever-changing environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills you are comfortable presenting and influencing people and processes
- This role may require 10-15% travel