Senior Event Marketing Manager
Senior Event Marketing Manager
As the Senior Event Marketing Manager, you will own the event strategy and execution across the portfolio of events, including but not limited to 3rd party sponsorships, Vanta’s inaugural User Conference, and customer dinners.
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it. Our marketing team is looking for a seasoned event manager to join us!
What you’ll do as a Senior Events Marketing Manager at Vanta:
- Build the event strategy at Vanta from the ground up, including building and scaling an event team.
- Manage end-to-end events across Vanta’s portfolio, including Customer Advisory Boards, Tradeshows and our Inaugural User Conference including strategy, planning and event logistics.
- Oversee and manage the operations of Vanta’s inaugural user conference for attendees joining in-person
- Help drive towards demand generation and awareness goals by creating events that will drive leads, mature pipeline and build deeper customer relationships.
- Manage priorities, develop effective processes, and partner with leaders across all levels to drive cross-functional event initiatives.
- Work with cross functional content and product teams to ensure content objectives are incorporated into event agenda and timeline.
- Create and manage the operational plan for executive-level events; including event specifications with venue, run-of-show schedule, audio visual, management of on-site event staff, and timely shipment and arrival of materials.
- Present regular communication and program results, sharing key metrics, observations, identifying successes and areas for improvement, and making recommendations for events.
- Define, measure, and maintain event metrics and present results to management.
- Proactively and constantly analyze and create solutions to streamline and improve all phases of the event cycle.
- Create, manage, and reconcile creative and efficient budgets.
How to be successful in this role:
- 5-10 years of event or field marketing experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to effectively and independently manage multiple projects – highly organized, detailed focused, results-driven, and accountable
- Strong executive presence and communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills – proven track record to drive cross-functional collaboration across diverse sets of stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Extensive and proven experience producing multiple large scales events & conferences, including user conferences
- High energy with the ability to successfully navigate ambiguity and drive projects with minimal guidance
- Willingness to roll up his/her sleeves to get the work done or go the extra mile. Strong personal work ethic and problem solver.
- Experience successfully managing third-party vendors, contractors and budgets
- Creative and innovative thinking with a willingness to try new things, iterate and learn
- Strong presentation skills a plus
- Experience with salesforce and/or Hubspot a plus
- Ability to travel, up to 25%.
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 12 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started Vanta in 2016 as Equifax had lost every American’s social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers’ credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta’s mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn’t certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.