Senior Director, Product Marketing
Sr. Director, Product Marketing
Remote – US
Remote – US
United States; United States
US Remote 185,000 – 275,000 USD per year
As Senior Director of Product Marketing (PMM) for our Enterprise business, you will lead, develop, and scale a team that helps to drive the growth, relevance, differentiation and value of our expanding portfolio of products and solutions in the global Enterprise segment.
We’ve experienced tremendous growth over the last few years and this role will partner closely with our Sales, Customer Success, and Product leaders and their teams to continue to rapidly scale our Enterprise business worldwide and be successful in a highly competitive industry and segment. You will collaborate extensively with cross-functional leaders and teams in virtually all aspects of product and portfolio strategy, messaging, positioning, storytelling, go-to-market execution and analysis.
In this strategic and highly visible role, you will possess and drive a clear vision for how to bring products and solutions to market and help evolve a growing team of experts in product marketing, solutions marketing and market intelligence. You will be an influential, knowledgeable and persuasive marketing leader helping shape the product roadmap via the insights you distill, help build global go-to-market strategies, organize launches, and drive competitive differentiation. You will also lead, manage and motivate a growing team of product marketers across all PMM functions in the Enterprise Marketing team.
Using the most current data and research, you will partner with Enterprise product teams to develop, refine and position our enterprise solutions to our largest clients. You will work closely with your cross-functional peers to shape our product set and narrative, content, communications, advertising and product experience for Enterprise audience globally. This role will be the Enterprise Marketing team’s go-to expert on product positioning, product roadmap, product strategy and market intelligence.
You will be part of the Global Enterprise Marketing leadership team, and report to the Vice President of Global Enterprise Marketing.
Enterprise Product Marketing
- Own the successful launch and ongoing promotion of new solutions, products and features across the Indeed product portfolio for the Enterprise segment.
- Collaborate closely with product and sales leadership on our innovation agenda, product roadmap, naming and more.
- Define our Enterprise portfolio and product positioning, with segmentation of customers and prospects that helps shape the marketing message and further define our unique value proposition in the Enterprise segment.
- Develop product positioning and messaging for products and features, considering value proposition, audience needs, market landscape, and other factors.
- Build deep product & customer knowledge leveraging both quantitative and qualitative insights to help inform product roadmap & go-to-market strategies. Be an expert resource for others on our product roadmap, strategy and portfolio.
- Work cross-functionally to determine the best GTM strategy, set proper timelines and KPIs, and coordinate launches.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the market and Indeed to ensure our GTM is timely and relevant by sourcing, documenting and regularly updating our key data points (Indeed data and industry data), to help ensure our insights and assets reflect the most current data available
- Partner with analysts, thought leaders, and cross-functional teams (Executive, Sales, Product & Engineering, Communications, Commercialization and Customer Success) to gain, and contribute to, a deeper understanding of the market, our customers, and our competitors—influencing our marketing initiatives and product direction.
- Collaborate with Communications, PR and AR teams to drive brand awareness and leverage analyst insights and channels.
- Build a Market Intelligence function on the team to include Analyst Relations, Competitive Intelligence, Customer References, Data Claims and more.
- Develop and manage resources to position and sell our solutions, in close partnership with our Sales, Customer Success, and Enablement teams
- Manage and optimize budget for Enterprise Product Marketing, Solutions Marketing, Market intelligence and Enablement programs
Leadership & Team Management
- Set and drive a clear direction for Enterprise Product Marketing and ensure team objectives and key results are consistently connected across individual, team, and business goals.
- Based on those connected objectives and key results, successfully lead, coach and inspire an engaged, high-performing Product Marketing team.
- Manage complex projects independently, develop processes to achieve scale, and drive alignment with stakeholders through clear, proactive communication and collaboration.
- Tackle complex, ambiguous problems with a strategic mindset and create thoughtful recommendations and action plans in a timely manner.
- Collaborate across the organization: You’ll be a key partner to our Product organization, as well as our global Sales & Customer Success teams, and be a trusted, senior leader helping all these teams evolve as our business evolves.
- Provide ongoing assessment of intangible variables, identifying and evaluating fundamental issues, then providing strategy and direction for major functional areas.
- As a servant leader, have a direct and positive impact on a wide number of people and teams; hire great talent, develop other leaders, and provide opportunities for others to grow and close skill gaps.
- Lead, manage and motivate your team to drive stronger engagement and retention of top talent.
- Help create and steward a culture of Inclusion & Belonging, by modeling and mentoring others to use inclusive behaviors. Support in the development and execution of Marketing’s DI&B strategy.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation of the function to reach goals and execute programs at scale.
- Define a model of resource allocation to ensure strong stewardship of Indeed’s resources – what is the right level of investment for the strong effect you’d like to achieve. Drive maximum business impact for every dollar we spend.
Who You Are
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, high-performance environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously with a positive sense of urgency, ownership and accountability
- 10+ years of B2B marketing experience in the SaaS space, driving product marketing strategies that include messaging, positioning, enablement, market insights, and launches
- Experience working with B2B SaaS sales and Client Success teams, with a deep understanding of buyers, influencers, and decision makers, including the sales and renewal cycle for enterprise businesses
- Experience working with customer-facing teams to enable them to speak with confidence to our product and vision, and incorporate the customer’s voice into all that we do
- Data-driven and results-oriented, with a perspective on how to measure and evaluate metrics for pre and post product launch, and define and measure metrics to measure the impact of the Product Marketing team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience influencing teams and executive decision makers
- A collaborative work-style
- Demonstrated ability to enable and inspire talent
- Ability to confront and handle difficult conversations with a refined touch
- Demonstrated team management experience, with an ability to pivot between strategy, team brainstorming, and hands-on execution
- Humility and a sense of humor, making work a fun environment
- The ability to take initiative, lead by example and achieve consistent results
- Comfortable working with a distributed team across functions and geographies
Who We Are
Our Marketing team helps job seekers and employers around the world discover Indeed. Whether creating impactful advertising, coding bidding algorithms, or looking for the news stories in Indeed’s labor data, Indeed marketers bring diverse skills to help shape and share Indeed’s story.
As the world’s number 1 job site*, our mission is to help people get jobs. We strive to cultivate an inclusive and accessible workplace where all people feel comfortable being themselves. We’re looking to grow our teams with more people who share our enthusiasm for innovation and creating the best experience for job seekers.
Salary Range Disclaimer
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the Indeed salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary depending on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Indeed’s total compensation package for employees. Other rewards may include quarterly bonuses, Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), an open Paid Time Off policy, and many region-specific benefits.
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Indeed is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued, but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro- diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Indeed is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process.
Fair Chance Hiring
We value diverse experiences, including those who have had prior contact with the criminal legal system. We are committed to providing individuals with criminal records, including formerly incarcerated individuals and individuals with arrest or conviction records, a fair chance at employment. We also comply with state and local requirements such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Where legally permitted, Indeed requires all individuals attending or working out of Indeed offices or visiting Indeed clients to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For positions that can only be performed at an Indeed office, candidates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and present acceptable proof of vaccination by the date of hire as a condition of employment. For positions that require some in-office work or in-person client meetings, exceptions to these in-office or in-person job requirements may be made at the discretion of the business through June 2022, at which point full vaccination will be required. Indeed will consider requests for reasonable accommodation as required under applicable law. To qualify as being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 there should have been a two week period after receiving the second dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series, or a two week period after receiving a single- dose (or any government recommended booster shot) in a single dose COVID-19 vaccine.