Sales Operations Analyst
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Sales Operations Analyst
Locations: Remote United States Time Type: Full time
Job Requisition Id: R0024490
It’s fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
Epiq is seeking a Senior Sales Operations Analyst Coordinator to join the Global Sales Operations Team. In this role, you will provide the analysis and decision support for the Sales Leadership. Reporting into the VP Sales Operations, the ideal candidate will be data driven, system savvy, intellectually curious, a fast learner, detail oriented and able to move quickly while keeping focused. Equally important, this individual will also be able to communicate effectively with Account Directors, Sales leadership, and senior executives across multiple departments.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Provide key reporting metrics and analysis on sales performance, booking analytics and trends.
- Additional tasks and projects, as necessary.
- Publish/distribute weekly, monthly, quarterly reports to help manage/track business changes to the leadership team and sales teams.
- Act as a trusted advisor to provide data for the Monthly Operational Reviews, QBRs, and board meeting decks.
- Gathered, consolidated, and generated sales forecasts and report numbers to key leaders.
- Responsible for analyzing and developing dashboards for strategic accounts and sales plays performance by region.
- Perform data analysis, reporting, competitive analysis, planning and sales process optimization.
- Update and publish KPI reports and dashboards and introduce processes to improve reporting efficiency.
- Gather, consolidate, and generate sales forecasts and report numbers to key leaders.
- Analyze win-loss data and reports key findings to sales leadership.
- Work closely with Finance team to support sales planning and analysis and generate revenue reports in a timely manner.
- Provide reports on Sales Productivity to help making decisions on sales resource allocation.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing team with developing Campaign Performance dashboards to help them align with their sales objectives.
- Provide ad hoc reports to sales teams.
- Automate and schedule various reports in Salesforce (CRM) on the requirement basis.
- Responsible for providing facts and insights to the leadership team to help making strategic decisions.
- Develop various tools to better analyze our business by gathering and integrating information from different platforms.
- Manage reports and dashboards in CRM and provide access to field sales representatives and leaders.
- Responsible for managing Tableau CRM, building regional dashboards in Tableau CRM maintaining and updating.
- Track and analyze metrics including actual vs goals vs prior, sales incentive quotas vs goal, win/loss ratio, and sales analysis by product category, regions, divisions, and sales reps.
- Identified and communicated data discrepancies related to the sales processes.
- Act as an intermediary between sales and key business partners internally
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- SFDC/Tableau advanced reporting experience
- Motivated self-starter with a high level of personal accountability and organizational skill.
- Experience in Salesforce and use of reporting tools, such as Tableau CRM an advantage
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Attention-to-detail and strong follow-up skills.
Candidates based in California, Colorado, New York or Washington:
The Compensation range for this role is 58,680.00 – 117,361.20 USD annually and may be eligible for an annual bonus. Actual compensation within that range will be dependent upon the individual’s location, skills, experience and qualifications.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
It is Epiq’s policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. Epiq’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. In addition Epiq will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, Epiq will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Epiq is a leading global provider of integrated technology and services for the legal profession, including eDiscovery, managed services, bankruptcy, class action and mass tort administration, federal regulatory actions and data breach responses. Our innovative solutions are designed to streamline the administration of litigation, investigations, financial transactions, regulatory compliance and other legal matters. Epiq’s subject-matter experts bring clarity to complexity, create efficiency through expertise and deliver confidence to our clients around the world.