- USA Only
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Who we are:
Berkshire is a leading HR consulting firm based in Columbia, MD. We are a recognized leader in Affirmative Action consulting, with additional initiatives in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Compensation Services, Applicant Tracking, and Training. Berkshire offers a supportive work environment with fantastic benefits.
A quick snapshot about the position:
We are looking for an outside-the-box and strategic thinker who will partner with the Director of Sales and Marketing to focus on our company’s sales initiatives. The Sales Manager is responsible for hiring and training new sales staff as needed and leading a tenured and high-performing sales team to exceed revenue forecasts, and ultimately exceed customer needs. This includes directing and delegating activity within the department to effectively drive sales results, providing supervision and sales support to team members, and acting as a liaison between Sales and other Berkshire departments to ensure excellence and consistency in sales processes across the company.
The ideal candidate will have proven success with leading sales teams, SaaS technology, exceeding sales targets, working with marketing, and closing qualified leads.
About the role
- Directly manages sales team and sales metrics to achieve monthly and annual sales goals through empowerment and accountability.
- Leads, coaches and mentors Sales Team to foster a high-performance culture. Executes and enhances sales process and people management, performance appraisals, career development and ongoing feedback; addressing performance issues using proper interaction skills; leading and participating in the selection and hiring process; ensuring sales team is following company policies and procedures.
- Owns, manages, and monitors all aspects of the sales process within and across departments; answers questions about products, prices, and terms; communicates with customers to investigate and resolve any issues or complaints; actively participates in problem resolution on issues escalated by the sales team members; acts as liaison between customer and other departments for unique client situations.
- Ensures Sales Team is proactively managing their accounts and the sales process; acts as a resource in their day-to-day account management to help facilitate positive results.
- Provides focus and direction for the following key factors: activity load per salesperson, revenue projections, customer and territory assignment, call volume, sales process, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and other key factors as appropriate.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of all Berkshire business processes - including client and Berkshire agreements, contracts and terms, and product and service lines.
- Collaborates with the Marketing department and product/service owners on various sales campaigns and pricing strategies, based on current conditions and annual sales goals; and develops and implements planned sales activities around marketing campaigns.
- Maximizes the use of the CRM system to manage and maintain sales data; and generates reports on sales activities and sales forecasts.
- Occasionally travels to client’s or prospective client’s site, and to tradeshows to develop relationships and demonstrate solutions, as needed.
- Coordinates sales staff training activities, onboarding of new staff and implementing new product and services selling skills.
- Demonstrated people management skills required
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills required.
- Solid working knowledge of Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software required.
- Has experience in developing sales compensation in a professional, fast-paced environment.
- Understands sales processes and able to drive execution working with Marketing, Client Services, IT, Finance, and Sales leaders.
- Knowledge of basic human resources principles and regulations required.
- Ability to negotiate on the company’s behalf required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office software applications, in particular advanced Excel knowledge, and Microsoft Outlook required.
- 3-5 years Sales Supervisory experience required.
- 5+ years sales experience within the professional services industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources or closely related field, or equivalent experience, required.
Nice to Have
- Experience in the Affirmative Action space.
Skills : Sales Management, Communication, Team Management, writing, tech savvy, MS tools proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Adjectives: detail oriented, creative thinker,
What others say about you : work well under pressure and with deadlines, is a team player
If you are interested and you meet the requirements, we invite you to join the team!! Must be authroized to work in the US.
Berkshire is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Berkshire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.