The Sales Engineer is responsible for the overall sales, customer relationship and project quote to completion process. As a sales engineer, significant effort will be required to communicate and distribute technical knowledge, project status and client needs regularly.
In this position you will be part of a team that focuses on delivering IoT solutions to customers on various industrial and consumer projects. You will be a recognized expert in your field and have the capability to deliver on tight timelines while maintaining strong business dealings.
This individual will be responsible for establishing relationships and will be the introductory face and voice of Breadware. Further, you are a customer ambassador to multiple Breadware internal departments - professionally representing the Sales team to global colleagues in various departments including Engineering, Marketing, IT, and Operations. With limited guidance you can effectively collaborate with engineering team members for projects updates while voicing customer requests and deadlines.
This position reports to the Sales & Marketing Manager. The base salary range for this position will be $75,000 - 85,000 depending on experience, plus commission.
- Drive unambiguous technical requirements out of open-ended client specifications.
- Work with clients to gather project requirements to produce accurate project cost estimates.
- Provide initial and ongoing technical project costs and schedule estimation.
- Resolve client issues by investigating problems, developing solutions, and making recommendations to management.
- Write complete and precise technical Statements of Work.
- Possess familiarity with product development and management , from ideation to manufacturing.
- Use technical knowledge of engineering services to support and build sales efforts.
- Demonstrate willingness to manage a project when called upon.
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Focus on customer success while balancing opportunities to add scope in a mutually beneficial way.
- Identify professional service and technology improvements by remaining current on industry trends, market activities, and competitors.
- Anticipate and create new business opportunities with existing clients.
- Maintain positive customer relations post project completion in support of future account growth.
- Serve as an empathetic, internal advocate for our clients.
- Participate in continuous improvement programs.
- Collaborate with Marketing for promotional ideas and lead generation.
- Assist the Sales & Marketing Manager in all sales related activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical discipline from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in an engineering or technical discipline - specifically electrical, computer, mechanical, manufacturing, or software engineering.
- Excellent analytical, written, verbal communications, and documentation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint in particular.
- Critical listening skills to fully understand and translate complex prospect/customer requirements and business alignment.
- Comfortable presenting to high-ranking executives at well-known global brands.
- Highly organized and agile, maintaining high levels of productivity amidst changing priorities.
- Repeatedly able to deliver professional technical project proposals on tight timelines.
- Natural ability to interact with external clients regularly in a professional and engaging manner.
- Comfortable with client conflict resolution and resolving payment disputes diplomatically.
- Effective collaborator across multiple disciplines - specifically engineering, marketing, and finance.
- Ability to use superior technical knowledge to design and differentiate solutions, effectively communicating complex capabilities to a diverse internal/external audience.
- Proficiency with Salesforce or another CRM.
- Internet of Things (IoT) technology stack familiarity - electronics hardware, firmware design, electromechanical integration, and/or mobile and cloud software applications.
- Technical sales and lead qualification and generation experience.
- Comfortable working independently when required.
- Travel to branch locations, customer sites, and conferences may be required (COVID-19 policies permitting).
- Extended working hours may be needed at peak times or when deadlines are approaching.
- We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity at our company means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person's talents and strengths.
- Group Healthcare Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Paid Maternity & Parental Leave
- Long Term Disability
- Profit-sharing (including cash bonus program + Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- Training & Development
- Wellness Rewards Program
- Voluntary Benefits (AFLAC, Identity Theft Protection, Legal Shield, Pet Insurance & more)