Sales Development Specialist - Select US States
- USA Only
Sales Development Specialist
- Remote: CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, OK, PA, TN, TX, VA, WA
Who We Are
FlexJobs’ mission is to help people find the best remote and flexible jobs in an easier, safer, and faster way. We’ve been the leader in this space for over 14 years, and from day one have been committed to serving all of our stakeholders with integrity, intelligence, balance, communication, and care.
In terms of work flexibility, we also walk the talk. This is a remote job, as our entire team works remotely from locations all across the United States. Having a great company culture is really important to us and we’ve been named one of Outside magazine’s Best Places to Work (2019) and Best Company Culture by Entrepreneur magazine (2018, 2017, and 2015). To learn more about culture and our current team, you can visit our Careers and Team & Culture pages.
Responsibilities of the Job: The Opportunity
Join our dynamic and rapidly growing Employer Sales & Marketing Team and be a pivotal player in helping companies target, engage and hire remote and flexible workforce talent faster and easier. Reporting to the Director of Employer Sales & Marketing, the key responsibilities include:
- Drive top-of-funnel prospecting and lead generation
- Develop qualified leads and secure first meetings for sales
- Outbound prospecting and lead generation — not a closer
- Inbound lead qualification – provide sales support for marketing campaigns, conducting initial outbound outreach and qualification of inbound leads
- Work with the expanded team to identify prospective companies, develop lists and create personalized outreach messaging to engage with prospects through a variety of channels
- Update and manage all company, contact, lead and deal information in CRM
- Participate in industry trade shows and events, engaging with, and pre-qualifying, prospects for sales
Experience and Skills for This Role
- 3-5 years of experience in B2B sales role; bonus points for SaaS or subscription business models
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in corporate recruiting, recruiting/staffing agencies, or the HR technology industry
- Minimum of 2 years experience with solution and value-based selling
- Be genuinely motivated by — and have a love for! — cold calling and emailing
- Experience with CRM and prospecting tools, with an ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies
- Must have the ability to quickly assess needs and pivot to the ideal next steps
- Strong verbal and written sales communication skills
- Critical thinking and decision making skills need to be true strengths
- Articulate value propositions and value clearly to prospective customers
Traits Required of All Team Members at FlexJobs
- A sense of pride in your work
- Collaborative, win-win and service-sales orientation
- A streak of perfectionism when it comes to details
- Flexible and adaptable; ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a rapidly evolving environment
- Being highly organized, responsible, and ethical
- Being proactive when it comes to asking questions, brainstorming, and working with colleagues
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- An appreciation and enthusiasm for the ability to work remotely
- Interest in a long-term position with a company that you’re proud to be a part of
- Motivated by the achievement of desired personal as well as organizational outcomes. A genuine interest in contributing to realization of a broader vision for the direction of the team and company as a whole
- A fully functioning home office, including high-speed internet access, a fast computer, and phone access
- A work environment that is quiet and one in which you can really focus without distractions
Benefits and Perks
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- SIMPLE IRA with company match
- Flexible schedules and a generous time off policy
- 100% remote work
- Pay It Forward initiative (get paid to volunteer!)
- We offer many other supplemental benefits (critical illness, legal, etc) and stipends (office, wellness, professional development)
- Sustainable Office Perks
- Minimum salary $40,000/year; offer will be based on several factors including experience and location
How to Apply
If this job description makes you feel as if it was written perfectly for you, then please apply! What we’ll need:
- An intro email/cover letter telling us why you want to work for FlexJobs (vs. another company)
- What makes you a great fit for this position
- What compensation would you be comfortable with
- A current resume in .doc, .docx, .pdf, .markdown, or .txt.
We respond to all applicants, so please check your spam folder or configure your gmail settings to set our email as safe to be sure you are getting our communications.
If you are selected to move forward, you may be required to do a background check.
FlexJobs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees. As a part of this commitment, we have pledged to be an Open to All business.
FlexJobs is also a veteran- and military spouse-friendly employer. Our positions are perfectly structured for qualified candidates who meet this criterion and we have a workplace culture that supports their work and life.