Sales Development Representative
Startup Grind is growing our sales & partnerships team, focused on developing strategic relationships with brands looking to reach our global community of startups.
We’re looking for an energetic, motivated individual with an interest in developing their sales skills and building their network. The primary focus of the SDR will be to build the sales pipeline: create and seek out new opportunities (prospects) for Startup Grind - across partnerships and event sponsorships.
You will be compensated on the number of opportunities you generate, as well as the number of those opportunities that close. As a team, you’ll participate in monthly goals and incentives, with bonuses offered throughout. You will be a vital part of the team and over time, will receive many opportunities for growth as your skills develop. As part of a lean startup team, you’ll be given responsibilities and opportunities that would take a while to reach at any large organization.
- Create and develop new opportunities (add prospects to the pipeline)
- Research the industry, identify target organizations
- Spend a significant amount of time sending emails to prospects
- Land meetings and pitch partnership opportunities via phone or in-person
- Work with Sales Managers to convert leads into new business
- You understand Startup Grind: who’s in our community, our offering, who we sell to, etc.
- You are highly organized, with an acute attention to detail
- You are a hustler - you get things done and are willing to put in the extra time when needed
- You are a team player, but can also stay motivated working on your own
- You are comfortable speaking to all types of people and building business relationships
- BONUS if you come on board with relationships of your own, from within your network or due to prior research
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Work remotely
- Bonuses and perks throughout the year as part of sales team goals
If you think you fit the role, please send an email with a 2-line description of your most relevant experience + your CV/resume attached to the subject line ‘NAME - SDR application’ to firstname.lastname@example.org