- North America
- 0 applicants
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10) AST (UTC -4) NST (UTC -3:30)
As Allovue’s Research Manager, you will expand the capacity and impact of our growing Professional Services team by playing a key role in new research projects. You will report to our Director of Professional Services and manage key education finance research projects in collaboration with our internal R&D resources as well as external research partners. You will build relationships with school and district administrators in order to understand systems, processes, and challenges relevant to research objectives, including conducting user research and testing. You will work in a cross-functional collaborative capacity with our Professional Services and Product teams to accomplish research goals. Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills are essential.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to and co-develop ground-breaking education finance research projects and deliverables that will have a national impact on the future of K-12 education for practitioners and researchers.
- Conduct focus groups and interviews to understand school district processes and pain points.
- Gather/develop product requirements alongside Allovue UX/design and product management staff utilizing an iterative, design-thinking process.
- Translate academic and robust research findings from program evaluation into practical language for practitioners.
- Proactively identify potential implementation barriers and leverage R&D resources to mitigate these obstacles
- Recruit and train school district personnel to participate in pilot user testing and analysis
- Manage milestones and deliverables against a defined timeline and budget and write quarterly progress reports for relevant stakeholders
- Manage Research Data Associates on data collection and analysis tasks
- Write summaries of research and analysis findings and recommendations
- +3 years experience coordinating or managing multi-year research/data projects
- Proficient in at least one core area of domain expertise: K-12 education finance, cost-effectiveness research, instructional intervention strategy implementation
- Ability to read and interpret program evaluation research, particularly causal inference in public policy and schools.
- Demonstrated ability to develop qualitative interview protocols and document collection processes.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate intermediate and advanced research concepts to non-academic stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to correctly estimate the complexity of work required to accomplish intermediate tasks aligned to multi-year project deliverables
- Experience with statistical/data analysis software packages such as R, Stata, SPSS, and/or Python outside of a classroom environment.
- Experience using and/or navigating an open-source research repository (e.g. What Works Clearinghouse, Results4America)
- Knowledge and experience with cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analysis techniques such as the ingredients method
- Experience implementing user-centered design or design thinking techniques
- Master’s or PhD in relevant subject matter
Perks & Benefits
Paid-time off: We believe life events (the good and the bad) should supersede work. Flexible leave policies are available to all employees. We offer 4 weeks paid time off so you are able to manage work and life the way you want. We are closed for a week-long winter medley to recharge for the new year. We also welcome new additions to your family with parental leave, including leave for adoptive and foster parents.
Professional Development: When you grow, we succeed. Our development program allows you to design your own individual growth plan with your manager which comes with an annual budget for training and resources.
Company Retreats: We gather for retreats to discuss company updates, strategize about big decisions, learn together and bond as a team. Currently we meet twice a year via zoom and at least once in person, to any extent that it is safe to do so.
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Inclusive parental leave policy
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development budget
- Company retreats
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Stock options
- Annual performance bonuses
- 401K Plan
- Supplemental disability and life insurance
- A new or recent Mac laptop with a technology stipend for you to purchase the monitor and computer accessories of your choice