Full-time • Competitive Pay • Excellent Benefits • Work from Anywhere in the contiguous U.S.
Starts June 7, 2021 or earlier, 1-year position
Apply here: https://grnh.se/99fd8d031us
Application deadline: April 13, 2021. Applications accepted on a rolling basis until job is filled.
MoveOn is a diverse and vibrant community of millions of people working together to create progressive change in America. We are an innovative campaigning organization that supports people throughout the country to take action through driving impactful campaigns that influence the behavior of people and institutions, shape the outcomes of elections, and expand the realities of what’s possible. We organize to challenge entrenched power, while pursuing economic, racial, and social justice and a vision of a country in which everyone can thrive.
MoveOn has a vital role to play in securing progress during the Biden-Harris administration, and in organizing the grassroots to set up election wins in 2021, 2022, and beyond. We are building a powerful, multiracial, and economic populistmovement, and fighting for progress on health care, climate, racial justice and more. In service of that mission, in 2021 and beyond, MoveOn will drive impactful, movement-connected, multichannel, nimble campaigns aimed at impact.
We are looking for a motivated Product Manager to join the Product team to help manage and improve our digital campaigning toolset in particular. This role will work closely with campaign directors, organizers, designers, and engineers to turn member feedback into real products and will be critical for setting the direction of our tools to fuel our campaigning in 2021 and beyond.
Our campaign directors can drive the most impactful campaigns when we develop technology that scales our campaigns and organizing, while maintaining a personalized connection. This Product Manager role will operate at an important nexus and bridge critical teams that must work well together to best organize and empower our members.
Manage the roadmap and documentation for MoveOn’s digital campaigning stack in order to fuel campaigns and organizing, and improve member experience.
Work collaboratively with the Product team and stakeholders to design, test, and launch key features or tools, including supporting onboarding, QA, and measuring impact.
- Propose feature prioritization and decisions for MoveOn campaigning tools, and ensure timely progress toward implementation.
- Be deeply integrated into MoveOn’s Organizing and Campaigns teams and understand their needs, pain points, priorities, and workflows.
- Work closely with the Organizing and Campaigns team leads to identify, plan, and execute technical campaigning-related trainings and skill development.
- Conduct market research, interviews, and user testing and analyze learnings to identify pain points and opportunities to improve MoveOn’s digital toolset.
- Work closely with the Analytics team to analyze member data, propose key performance indicators, and develop tracking dashboards to understand the effectiveness of campaigning workflows and tools and areas of improvement.
- Gather requirements and draft detailed user stories, acceptance criteria, and other documentation to support technical implementation and QA.
- Run webpage, email, and other conversion optimizations to drive campaigning.
A successful candidate will ...
- Demonstrate empathy for users and creatively solve problems through brainstorming and testing solutions.
- Have strong prioritization and decision making skills, including incorporating diverse and sometimes conflicting feedback to propose difficult decisions and explain the why.
- Have strong communication and writing skills, including being able to translate between technical and nontechnical audiences, surface tensions, drive to understanding, and make good use of management structures.
- Have keen attention to detail and a highly dependable work ethic, including the ability to work well under pressure within a fast-paced, high-performing team.
- Show interest in or experience with progressive activism, advocacy, campaigning, organizing, or politics.
Required skills and experience
- Previous experience as a product owner, associate, or manager (minimum 3 years).
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analysis skills, including market research, user testing, A/B testing, and experience with basic SQL or similar languages.
- Experience planning, coordinating, executing, and evaluating product or feature launches from beginning to end and across technical and nontechnical teams.
- Strong equity analysis and demonstrated understanding, commitment to, and prioritization of racial and social justice, and experience working effectively with different constituencies.
- Self-directedness—MoveOn is a virtual office, and while you will interact with your colleagues constantly, you will be driving your own workflow and output. Excellent personal organization and time management skills are key.
Reports to: Product Director
Location: Position may be based anywhere in the contiguous United States. May require occasional travel.
Salary and Benefits: At MoveOn, we commit to equity in our compensation philosophy and practices. We are committed to equal pay for equal work. To counter systemic compensation issues in this country and pay inequality, we have a nonnegotiable compensation practice. We utilize benchmarking and peer organization data to ensure we provide competitive nonprofit compensation and benefits. The salary for this position is $89K or $103K depending on experience/tier. In addition to the base salary, we offer a home office subsidy that ranges from $4K to $14K annually and is based on your home location. We also offer an internet and phone subsidy of $2,100 and a health and wellness subsidy of $900 annually. All of these cash benefits are added to your bimonthly paycheck. We offer strong medical, dental, and vision benefits which are free to employees and children of employees (spouses or domestic partners can be added at a subsidized rate). We offer employer-paid premiums for life insurance; four weeks accrued paid vacation time per year, prorated for the period that you work; 18 weeks of paid parental leave (birth, adoption, foster care placement of a child), 10 days accrued paid sick time prorated for the period that you work paid family medical leave, and staff holidays. We contribute 5% to your 401(k) after six months of employment. We also offer $1K in professional development budget each year for each staff member.
MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.