Product Manager - Marketing Technology
- USA Only
Title:Product Manager, Marketing Technology
Location: San Francisco, CA or Remote, US
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community first and work backward from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands-on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere
About the Marketing Technology Team
Marketing Technology is a platform team with the goal of delivering best-in- class marketing automation tools and systems that are used by our stakeholders in Marketing (Brand and Performance), the Guest Experience and Hosting product development teams, Policy, and more. Our Mission is to enable marketing and product teams to deliver highly personalized and relevant content to the Airbnb community, both on-site and off-site.
The Marketing Technology team spans five pillars: (1) Demand side platform (DSP) that powers programmatic advertising – both search and display, (2) Email marketing platform, (3) Landing page platform, (4) Communications and delivery infrastructure that enables promotional and transactional content delivery at scale across multiple offline channels (e.g. email, push, sms), (5) Machine learning and data pipelines that enable optimizations and personalization.
About The Role
As Product Manager, Marketing Technology, you will be responsible for understanding our stakeholders’ technology needs as they build out engaging experiences for our community of hosts and guests – ensuring the Marketing Technology team delivers the required capabilities. Projects will range from partnering on marketing tools and frameworks to future-looking strategies on ad targeting and personalization technology.
This is a highly cross functional role, and you will act as a close partner to marketing, design, engineering, product management, data science, and policy.
- Establish product vision and strategy to develop a platform to automate marketing campaigns and improve performance across our business
- Partner with marketing and product teams to establish goals and success criteria with clearly measurable objectives and key results to deliver a great end-user experience
- Lead cross-functional groups to deliver on the team’s mission.
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
- Efficiently execute to ship product and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- Develop the product roadmap and build alignment on prioritization which drives product execution
- Implement best in class product development and management practices.
- Understand user needs; identifies and defines product requirements
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Partner with a world-class team of Engineers, Designers and Data Scientists to drive product development
- 10+ years of product management experience, ideally with domain experience across one or more marketing technology solutions spanning channels (SEM, SEO, CRM [email, push], display advertising, affiliates, etc.) and the horizontal platforms that drive them.
- Experience building platforms, specifically marketing tools/technology, campaign management, ad tech
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience designing simple and intuitive user interfaces. Ability to create examples through wireframes and mockups
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution
- Big thinking. Should be able to help a small team achieve goals out of their comfort zone
- Strong understanding of technical architecture for complex and highly scalable solutions
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and effectively communicate with technical and non-technical partners
- Current or previous experience being an Airbnb host, also a plus
- $2000 yearly employee travel coupon
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life & disability coverage
- 401K match
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Candidate Privacy Notice
This is a remote job except that it is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.