People Operations Business Partner
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (100%)
People Operations Business Partner
Denver, CO or Remote
At SonderMind, we know that therapy works. SonderMind provides accessible, personalized mental health care that produces high-quality outcomes for individuals. SonderMind’s individualized approach to care starts with using innovative technology to help people not just find a therapist, but find the right, in-network therapist for them.
How you’ll make an impact
As the People Operations Business Partner, you will be an integral part of the People Team, focusing on SonderMind’s corporate/clinical employees, which includes everything from onboarding to engagement initiatives, coaching, performance management, employee relations, training and development, and people ops analytics. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone excited about supporting our growing business and ensuring all employees and managers have the support and resources they need.
Communication and collaboration will be essential for this role as you will work very closely with the rest of the People Team and our cross-functional partners across the operations organization. You will also be critical support for our employees, handling confidential questions and concerns quickly and effectively. This role will report to the Head of People.
What you’ll do
- Provide advice and coaching to all corporate/technical employees and managers on all employee-related issues such as performance management, documentation, career development, succession planning, employee relations and policies, and procedures
- Own and administer employee initiatives around engagement, retention, career pathing, training, and development for all corporate/clinical/technical employees at SonderMind
- Own the company-wide performance review process and administration of Lattice and make changes as needed to scale the process
- Provide excellent customer service for corporate/clinical/technical employees and promptly address questions and concerns
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor HR processes to ensure continuous improvement and enhancement of employee experience.
- Ensure consistent policy implementation and adherence
- Analyze trends in employee data to develop solutions, programs, or processes necessary to increase engagement, retention, and business results
- Manage immigration cases as needed
- Manage the year-end bonus cycle and collaborate with Finance and the Head of People to ensure consistent and compliant bonus plans across the business
- Provide executive feedback and coaching
- Create strategic internal diverse – inclusive programs and workshops that aim to educate, empower, attract and retain employees
- And other responsibilities and ad-hoc projects from time to time-based on business needs.
Success looks like
You are a subject matter expert and/or thought leader. You drive cultural values across SonderMind, including integrating cultural values into day-to- day practices. You are responsible for defining how data and technology will enable execution and growth.
- Scope, Skills, + Execution: Roughly 40% tactical, 60% strategic. Consistently focused on the 6-9 month horizon. You work with leaders on the prioritization of initiatives and contribute valued perspectives about longer-term changes. You factor in changes to the external environment and competitive landscape into plans. You independently handle important initiatives.
- Scalability + Judgement: On point for major cross-team/functional problems. You factor in business needs/goals as key inputs into solutions. Solutions include supporting data, risk analysis, and execution plan. Comfortable with quantitative and qualitative data analysis. You understand and fully consider the impact of decisions on the larger organization through effective analysis. You develop long-term solutions for team issues and opportunities.
- Leadership: You are accountable to larger organization decisions and influence priorities across departments. You act as a mentor to the team, department, and/or larger organizations. You have a strong network of peers within the organization.
- Communication + Influence: You have a strong track record of collaborating productively with peers. You are highly influential in identifying and solving cross-team challenges, demonstrates a deep understanding of motivations of other teams, and can shape those into collective goals. Contributes significantly to employee engagement activities outside of own team
What you’ll bring with you
- 10 + years of people ops experience in a high-growth, dynamic environment
- You’re highly organized, meticulous about detail and accuracy, and get excited about process improvement.
- You have a strong ability to independently make well-informed decisions and maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- You are a learner – always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you.
- You are a scrappy and resourceful problem solver and can adjust to a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- SPHR or SHRM-CP preferred
What we value
- Curious: Seek to understand and pull the thread
- Courageous: Takes action, even when uncomfortable
- Lightful: Assume positive intent in others
- Authentic: Say what you mean, mean what you say, act accordingly
- Bucketworthy: Don’t let your bucket leak
The anticipated salary range for this role is $108,000-$135,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and variable bonus plan. Actual title and compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits. We want the experience of working at SonderMind to accelerate people’s careers and enrich their lives, so we focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life and work.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to fostering flexible hybrid work
- A flexible PTO policy with a minimum of three weeks off
- Therapy coverage benefits to ensure our employees have access to the care they need
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet every need, including HSA and FSA options
- 12 paid company holidays and a company shut-down during the last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life’s unexpected events. Not only that, we also cover the difference in salary for up to eight (8) weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid Parental Leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition )
- 401K retirement plan with 100% matching on up to 4% of base salary
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Vaccination Policy: SonderMind requires all employees to be up to date with their COVID vaccination before entering our office space, the SonderMind Studio, or attending in-person meetings or events (including both indoor and outdoor).