Passionate Development Teamlead with an ability to get things done
EasyPractice is a SaaS company that enables clinicians and therapists all around the world to handle all their administrative work. This includes calendar overview, online booking, journaling, and much more. We’re growing steadily and have more than 35.000 clinics on our platform worldwide. So, if you want to be leading an agile development team that is passionate about solving problems and becoming better developers in the process, we might have something for you!
What your job will be
You will be leading a team of four full stack developers with various seniority and skill levels.
Being a development team-lead in EasyPractice means you are comfortable with taking full responsibility and ownership of the team’s tasks and projects. You will have daily communication with your employees and colleagues to make sure that progress is being made. As a team-lead you must be able to scope features and ask the right questions when planning tasks and projects together with your team. We do not expect you to be an expert in writing code yourself, however, we do expect you to have flair for management and use the team’s skills to deliver tasks and projects.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Plan and structure development tasks and projects.
- Delegate tasks to employees and assist in solving these.
- Making sure your and your team’s code is living up to best practices and is sustainable.
- Understand the importance of “good quality code.”
- We expect you to have experience with PHP/Laravel, Vue.js, MySQL, Bootstrap and TailwindCSS.
Furthermore, as you are being employed as a team-lead we expect you to be comfortable with what work that follows from being a leader. This means that you need to be comfortable with having status meetings, one-on-ones, growth talks with employees, and generally engage with your team and colleagues on a daily basis. We also expect you to be very familiar with software development process, advanced problem solving, various software development languages and the skills needed in order to run an efficient and well functioning development team.
Who you are
You should be caring about the overall performance of the team. Hence, as a team-lead you need to make sure your employees have the necessary tools and information to solve the tasks they are given. If you are not an extremely strong programmer yourself utilising the skills and competencies from the team is essential. Additionally, we want you to be well structured, take responsibility for what you do and the team do.
- You are excellent with written and spoken English.
- You are communicative and attentive with employees.
- You are structured and have a sense of perspective.
- You are not afraid of taking responsibility and ownership for the entire team’s work and performance.
- You are not afraid to ask questions.
- You are able to scope, clearly define and estimate features with your team.
- You are able to look through code and help with solving problem
This is what we offer
EasyPractice is a remote-first company and we try to structure ourselves so that everyone can work from wherever they like to, and when they like to. However, while we value flexibility, individuality, and autonomy we put great pride in giving ownership to every team member. By applying for a position in EasyPractice we expect you to value ownership and responsibility and are capable of working structured remotely.
Does this sound like a position you would like?
Then we really want to hear your thoughts and motivations for this position. Please share a video where you explain your expectations, motivations, and why you think you are right for this position. Please also share your CV. We look forward to both see and hear from you!