Marketing Content Specialist
Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) MST (UTC -7) PST (UTC -8) AKST (UTC -9) HST (UTC -10)
Marketing Content Specialist (Remote)
Full-time Monday - Friday
Experience Level: Junior-level
Location: This is a remote position that is based in the United States. Only current U.S. Residents are considered for this role.
Porkbun.com is a domain name registrar based out of Portland, Oregon offering great prices, a simple user interface, and best-in-industry customer support. We’re looking for a junior marketer to write and create newsletters, ad copy, blog posts, social media posts, etc. for our fun, innovative brand. We’re a small team, but we’re making a big splash in a multi-billion-dollar industry. This means a single, motivated individual can make a huge impact.
What you’d get to do…
Write much of the copy for the brand. This includes website updates, landing pages, newsletters, email campaigns, digital paid media campaigns, blog posts, social media posts, video scripts, and partner content
- Manage landing pages, email marketing copy, and website copy as a whole for e-commerce conversion with SEO best practices
- Own and develop the unique Porkbun voice
- Manage and grow all social media channels
- Author and set strategic direction for company blog
- Implement an editorial calendar to plan specific, timely content
- Author all ad buy campaigns including SEM, video scripts, ghostwrite for partners, etc.
- Creative and strategic collaboration with the marketing, business, and support team
Your experience should include…
- A demonstrated history of creating amazing ad copy
- Email and/or blog marketing via Mailchimp, WordPress, etc., or similar
- Writing both long and short-form content
- Social Media management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- An analytical mindset
Bonus points for…
- Experience writing scripts for video or audio production
- Video or audio editing experience
- Expertise in optimizing emails and webpages to increase conversion rate
- An understanding of marketing psychology, for instance, crafting language that uses urgency to drive sales
- Health/dental/vision insurance after 3 months
- SIMPLE IRA match of 3% available after 1-year employment
- Paid federal holidays, plus an extra day at both Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Decent PTO policy (2 weeks paid to start, additional earned)
- Paid parental leave
Salary starts at $60k, salary negotiable for candidates with an abundance of experience aligning with these requirements.
If you've read this far, we would like to hear from you! If you meet our requirements, or you can make a strong case for why we should hire you anyway, please apply. To apply, please send us an email at email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Content Specialist” and include a resume and cover letter.
Why work for Porkbun:
Porkbun is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis. Women and underrepresented folks are strongly encouraged to apply! This is a fun place to work, but we’re not blind optimists; instead, our culture thrives on clear-eyed assessments to recognize and solve problems. Also, everyone who works here is genuinely nice. If this sounds like heaven to you, please apply.