Manager, Tasty Marketing Strategy
Title: Manager, Tasty Marketing Strategy
Location: Los Angeles, New York, or Remote
Note: BuzzFeed, Inc. offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) and open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, and WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, and VT.
About BuzzFeed, Inc.
BuzzFeed, Inc. (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture and commerce, our brands drive conversation and inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, and obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed, Inc. is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news and entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, and creative; and inspiring our audience to live better lives. We’ll continue to recruit the best founders and creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks and HuffPost to come.
Tasty is the world’s largest social food network and a fully diversified leading global food brand. As BuzzFeed’s biggest brand, Tasty is focused on making cooking practical, accessible, and fun for beginner cooks and expert chefs alike. Launched in 2015,Tasty has studios across the globe, is the #1 top food creator on social media, and has attracted more than 100 billion lifetime video views reaching hundreds of millions of people around the world every month with its signature fun, easy, and delicious video recipes. Tasty is the internet’s favorite kitchen!
BuzzFeed is looking for a talented and experienced Manager of Marketing Strategy to join the Tasty team. Focus will be on the Tasty and Tasty Lifestyle brands.
- Partner with Tasty revenue stakeholders in licensing, commerce, studio & tech develop full-funnel marketing strategies for Tasty launches
- Ideate, develop, present 360 creative marketing programs using both organic and paid marketing tactics
- Partner with Tasty leadership to create and execute marketing calendar for Tasty brand priorities including product launches, shoppable recipe pushes, new features, merchandise,Tasty show launches and more
- Execute marketing programs by partnering with key editorial, production, art/design, sales, marketing and e-commerce/licensing stakeholders
- Develop process and best practices for new launches with enough lead time and ongoing, always on programming/products with continuity campaigns
- Oversee allocated marketing budget for priority campaigns that may include paid media, sweepstakes, stunts, etc.
- Partner with Business Intelligence and Audience Development teams to implement a data-informed approach to how new marketing programs are developed, tracked, optimized, reported on, and inform future activity
- 4+ years experience planning, leading and executing large-scale, cross-channel Marketing programs
- Experience planning and buying across digital, social, OOH, print and other channels
- Ability to think analytically, critically and logically to help teams develop simple, integrated and elegant approaches to complex brand issues.
- Ability to analyze data to make informed recommendations
- Experience presenting to clients and managing ongoing partnerships
- Agile and can operate in long-lead and short-lead situations
- Solid knowledge of the digital media and content landscape
- Understanding of product go-to-market best practices
- Highly collaborative, inclusive and organized
- Ability to create a mean deck and maintain a detailed budget
- Passionate about food and BuzzFeed’s content and products