Manager, Communications Research
- USA Only
Manager, Communications Research
Remote – United States
This can be a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.
The General Motors Communications Research & Analytics team is looking for a creative and critical thinker who can leverage research and analytics to allow us to make timely and strategic decisions. They must be able to turn corporate research and analytics into actionable insights for our function and leadership. They will be able to work with teams throughout the company and must be comfortable driving change.
- Work with Internal Communications to identify and articulate key metrics and insights for organizational goals. Connect employee research findings with other employee data sets, including Socrates (GM’s Intranet), Yammer and external data for holistic insights
- Lead monthly report outs with Internal Communications to help inform strategy for monthly employee survey research, Socrates, Yammer and relevant external data
- Support development of employee internal focus group research and message testing as needed. Work with and manage third-party vendors to facilitate
- Assist in managing GM’s global reputation research for key markets. Lead survey development and reporting
- Support development and quarterly reporting of a global scorecard to help inform decision making around corporate reputation
- Continuously review our current tool stack and processes, identify any gaps, and drive processes that create easily accessible, metric-informed decisions across our organization
- Assist with ad-hoc research and analysis requests under tight deadlines
- Work with external research partners to maintain project timelines, ad-hoc requests and reports
Additional Job Description
- Manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes
- Work in a team environment and build relationships at all levels
- Simplify complex findings into actionable insights
- Ability to think creatively about how to solve problems for various business stakeholders
- Present findings and work with Communication partners to develop strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications or equivalent
- 3-5 years of research, public relations, communications or integrated marketing communications experience
- Experience using measurement to drive business decisions
- Experience in analytics and research
- Proficient in MS Office products
- Background in statistics
- Crisis knowledge or experience
- Data visualization expertise
Compensation: The median level of salary compensation for this role is $80,676.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day individually and collectively to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.