Lead, Social Media
- 2 applicants (5%)
Lead, Social Media
Austin, New York City, San Francisco, Remote North America
The worldwide data management software market is massive (IDC forecasts it to be $138 billion by 2026!). At MongoDB we are transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking communications professional with experience in the fast-paced world of social media to lead our organic social strategy. As a trusted leader of MongoDB’s global communications team, you will drive our social media presence through the development and execution of strategic initiatives that amplify and build our brand in the eyes of our global community.
This position reports to the Sr. Director of Corp Communications and leads a small team dedicated to engaging, inspiring, and educating the MongoDB community. The ideal candidate should have a successful track record and strong point of view on creating impactful social media programs, be highly organized, and possess a sense of urgency. In this role, you will work collaboratively and provide strategic guidance to our digital marketing team regarding how to expertly amplify lead generation campaigns, our brand team on how to boost the corporate reputation, and our developer relations and community teams on effective engagement across a variety of venues. Additionally, you should have experience in setting and communicating impactful metrics for our social channels, helping the marketing teams understand the underlying trends in our engagement data and providing strategic planning to help address any gaps.
This role can be based out of our San Francisco, Austin or New York City offices or remotely in North America.
What You’ll Do
- Develop, own, and manage the company’s global organic social media strategy to increase brand awareness and demand generation, growing fans and followers
- Work with marketing and creative teams to develop compelling assets for key campaigns that will promote brand growth and channel health
- Provide cohesive leadership and expertise to the technical engagement and creative content teams
- Ensure that our voice is present on relevant social platforms/channels not owned by MongoDB, especially with the help of our employees
- Prepare progress presentations and communicate team goals to stakeholders
- Bring executive team and developer relations’ brands to life across social media
- Collaborate with leaders across Engineering, Marketing, Product, Recruitment, Sales, and other teams to ensure clear and consistent messaging on new products, promotions, channels, features, events, and more
- Anticipate and initiate reporting and analysis to drive data-driven decisions
- Optimize and test messages and content on organic channels
- Provide mentorship and leadership to globally distributed social media team
- Stay on top of social trends and determine quick, appropriate responses for MongoDB
- Work with larger crisis communications team to guide engagement during a reputational crisis
Who You Are
- Proven track record in developing and executing innovative, integrated social marketing campaigns
- Passion for social media with fluency in platforms, algorithms, and best practices, as well as experience with social media management tools such as Sprout Social or Sprinklr
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in social media marketing, preferably in a high-growth SaaS and technology-focused environment; bonus points for database/developer experience
- Detail-oriented with excellent copywriting skills and a strong commitment to upholding MongoDB’s brand tone and voice across all social media channels
- Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to use social media analytic tools to enhance social communities and drive content performance across channels
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional global teams and stakeholders
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment in a calm and efficient manner
- Strong integrity and ethical standards
- Passion for technology and software development, with experience working with international audiences and platforms being ideal
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and makes all hiring decisions without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.