Lead, Product Marketing Manager - NFT
Lead, Product Marketing Manager – NFT
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
What Is Kraken NFT?
The Kraken NFT Marketplace has launched in beta and will roll out to a wider audience later this year. This one-stop-shop will be your complete solution for exploring, curating and securing your NFT collection.
· Enjoy zero gas fees for trades on Kraken NFT*
· Track the rarity scores of your NFTs
· Pay with cash or crypto in your Kraken account
· Collect NFTs across multiple blockchains
· Protect your NFTs with industry-leading security
· Reward NFT creators with their cut from each resale
With this innovative platform release, we’re on the hunt for a product marketing leader with direct experience and deep interest in NFTs. Our goal is to make NFTs easy and accessible for everyone. In this role, you’ll be responsible and accountable for the success and growth of our NFT products conducting inbound research to understand the motivations, needs and opportunities behind the consumers that are new to NFTs as well as crafting and executing go-to-market strategies that bring tailored products to the market for more experienced traders.
You’ll be an important partner to our product team and will have a hand in influencing the product roadmap. Your team will lead, organize, conduct, and coordinate proactive quantitative and qualitative research with various stakeholders and partners to distill insights that help us deeply understand and empathize with our existing beta users and prospective clients. You will learn their most pressing needs and problems. These inputs will influence our product-lead growth, segmentation, messaging and experimentation. You will inform how we solve these problems and provide value.
You will activate cross-functional partners in marketing at the right time to achieve our go-to-market goals. This will include setting measures of success and defining the inputs/outputs needed to derive product-market fit. You will use these to activate and direct acquisition, retention, content, social, comms, brand, creative, and other teams. You will conduct the efforts needed to achieve and scale growth. A key thing is we focus on resonance in our storytelling and we are thoughtful and calculated with our big bets.
What You’ll Do
· Lead a team in planning and executing go-to-market strategies for new NFT- focused products, features, and enhancements by forming the positioning and messaging
· Learn what new NFT clients need before they need it through direct research, surveys, competitive intel, and market sizing
· Consider the DNA of Kraken, the cultural values we stand for everyday, and ensure those genetics are in each product we ship to further deliver on our brand promise
· Take a diplomatic leadership approach to involve stakeholders early and get cross-functional work done; be a proactive leader and decision-maker that can rally leaders around a common problem or goal
· Use sound product sense in marketing every day: identify the problem we are solving for, our hypothesis, what goals we will set and how we measure them, what channels are best to use, what we should do now, next, and later, and plan we will scale and automate
· Create and share intel on competing products and marketing; summarize what is working well and what is not and how we will differentiate ourselves; know our products, our competitors products, and the differences between them better than anyone
· Use quantitative and qualitative analysis to create briefs and narratives that identify opportunities to grow our client base
· Plan and execute go-to-market strategy for new products by framing the positioning, messaging, and value propositions for each relevant client segment
· Make data-driven decisions when framing hypotheses, determining product- market fit, evaluating campaign performance, and setting goals
· Be an owner: step up and take the lead on challenging, ambiguous work
Who You Are
· You have a minimum of 6+ years of experience in product marketing, martech product management, lifecycle, or channel marketing within a B2C context
· You’ve lead and scaled teams of strong product marketers
· Experience in crypto, e-commerce and m-commerce marketplaces, fintech, or investtech highly preferred;
· You’ve taken major e-commerce and/or marketplace products to market that have had a measurable impact
· You have a deep understanding of the NFT ecosystem and are an avid trader that understands the ins and outs of the market and consumer needs.
· Pro tip: Show off your NFT expertise on your resume/cover letter. We love seeing creative applications!
· You have experience running successful go-to-market (GTM) B2C campaigns for multiple products and features for existing customers
· You have built, scaled, and led sophisticated, globally-distributed, matrixed teams
· You have a strong interest in crypto and belief in its future impact on economics, trade, and society; you follow the industry whether you’re a seasoned OG or you recently started your journey down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass
· You’re a concise speaker, storyteller, and writer: you can slice, dice, and distill a narrative from a complex data set into an executive summary
· You’re an ally to product managers and other marketers, often volunteering to test alphas/betas, lead inbound customer research, and seek diverse perspectives
· You can be the antithesis of a lone wolf: you clearly communicate and involve stakeholders early and often and work to secure buy-in, address concerns, and incorporate feedback
· You’ve got an ease about you: you address urgency head-on and handle difficult, ambiguous situations with a clear, cool head and an open mind
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.