Lead Analytical Marketer
- North America
We're a bunch of engineers building a next-generation online file transfer service, and we need somebody to come in and help get the word out. We're not starting from scratch - we've already got customers in more than a hundred countries - everybody from Adobe to Zillow. And we've got a (small) marketing team already, which you'll lead.
This position is perfect for somebody who can move seamlessly from strategy to hands-on. You'll be responsible for developing the overall marketing strategy for the company -- and be responsible to the CEO for meeting agreed-upon data- driven KPIs. But it's not all directing agencies from your ivory tower -- you should also have deep experience doing the work. SEO, AdWords, content creation, and more.
- Generate (and then implement!) ideas for bringing in more customers from our existing channels -- Adwords/CPC, Content/SEO, referral links, and more.
- Develop new channels. There are several typical SaaS channels that haven't historically focused on, such as partner marketing.
- Do a deep dive into our marketing and business metrics to understand where we're coming up short, and how we can improve things.
- Manage and grow our existing two-person marketing team -- you'll work with a content expert and a design expert from day one.
- Help brainstorm and develop new ideas for written and video content.
- Help maintain and grow our social media profiles, as well as our corporate profiles on sites like Crunchbase.
- Keep tabs on what our competitors are doing to market themselves, and do competitive analysis.
- Create new marketing collateral as needed.
That's a lot, we know. This is the sort of job where the challenge will be different every day, and you'll rarely find yourself doing the same thing twice.
Now, in terms of what we're looking for from you:
- 3-5 years of experience doing the type of work above.
- An analytical brain. We're an engineering-driven company and we pay a lot of attention to the numbers.
- Deep understanding of the internet and internet marketing. Bonus points if you have previous experience in SaaS or software marketing, but that's not required.
- Strong MS Office skills, esp. Excel. Pivot tables should be your friend.
- A willingness to work hard in a startup environment.
- Self-motivated and self-directed. We need you to tell us what to do, not the other way around.
- Basic HTML knowledge/web development skills not required, but a strong plus.
For our full-time employees, we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Fully paid Health, Dental & Vision coverage. We offer United Healthcare's 'Gold' level plans, which is a premium plan. (US Employees Only)
- 401K w/ 4% employer match. (US Employees Only)
- Paid company trips. In 2019 we went to Sydney Australia and Athens, Greece. The year before that we went to Barcelona, Spain. (OK, admittedly we're not doing these during COVID. But COVID's almost over, and soon we're gonna be back on a plane.)
- Three (3) weeks, going up to four (4) weeks based on tenure, of vacation per year, including the ‘Christmas Shutdown’ (below).
- Christmas Shutdown – Except for ‘keeping the lights on’ operational duties, the company shuts down (with full pay) for the week between Christmas and New Years.
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays.
- Flexible work arrangements. As long as you’re available throughout the business day, we’re flexible about how/when/where you work.
- A $2000/year ‘office outfitting credit’. This may be saved up to three years and can be used for new equipment for your workspace.
- Education reimbursement. We'll pay for the classes and conferences you want to take.
ExaVault is headquartered in San Ramon, CA. We've been remote since before it was cool, and have employees throughout the US, Europe & Asia. Take a look at your potential future teammates on our about us page. Some of us work from home, some from co-working spaces, and some from coffee shops or other locations. You should have a quiet, professional, distraction-free workspace (either at home or elsewhere) from which to work; we'll pay for a membership to a co- working space if you'd like.
A note on applying from David, the CEO
Online job postings are a little bit like online dating sites. There are thousands of people out there, all with great skills. There are also thousands of jobs, all great opportunities. We need to find the one person who's the right fit for us... the right skills, the right mindset... somebody who will fit into our culture. You (hopefully) need to find the one job that's right for you: something where you're as excited to go to work on the 1000th day as you are on the 1st day.
So how do we meet each other? The signal-to-noise ratio on the Internet is low. This is probably the 100th job post you've looked at, and we get hundreds of candidates every time we put up a listing like this. I have a proposal: I've tried to share a lot about our company and our culture in this post, and on our website, and elsewhere. Do a little homework on us. After that, if this job really, truly excites you, and you think you'd be great at it, tell me why in your cover letter. I don't need to know that you worked at 'ACME, Inc.' for ten years -- I can get that from your resume. And I don't need to know that you're 'professional, responsive and detail-oriented. Everybody says that. I'm reading every submission personally, and what I really need to know is who you are, what you can do, and why you think this would be awesome.
You should apply using the button on this page, but if you have questions about the job or just want to make an extra pitch for yourself, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org
I'm a real person, and you are too. Let's start there.