PETA - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is hiring a
Latino Communications Assistant
- USA Only
PETA Latino Communications Assistant
- Fully Remote • PETA
To support the PETA Latino communications team in its efforts to do outreach and generate media coverage and celebrity/influencer support for PETA campaigns in the Latino community in the U.S. and abroad.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Researching opportunities for outreach through media, events, campaigning, and celebrity/social media influencer channels.
- Staying up to date on current affairs and popular culture in the Latino community.
- Researching celebrities and online influencers who are popular in the Latino community in the U.S. and abroad.
- Assisting in the organization of celebrity/influencer projects, including photo shoots and the production and editing of print, radio, and TV commercials, as well as social media campaigns.
- Take charge of maintaining detailed records including public figures who support PETA Latino’s work, interactions with celebrities/influencers and members of the media, and news releases and media hits.
- Supporting PETA Latino’s work by assisting with various administrative tasks such as filing, form submission, financial reporting, booking travel, and other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Drafting talking points, letters to celebrities and the media, ad text, and other writing assignments assigned by the supervisor.
- Finally, you’ll be assisting the Managers of PETA Latino with other responsibilities specific to the program.
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English and Spanish are required. Fluency or conversational skills in Portuguese are a plus.
- Excellent Spanish-language writing skills are a big plus
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, and attention to detail.
- Working with high-profile individuals requires the ability to be honest, reliable, and discreet.
- You’re going to be communicating with the public, reporters, celebrities/influencers, publicity firms, stylists, and more, so the ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional manner will be essential.
- Extensive interest in and knowledge of Latin popular culture is a must.
- We need a strategic thinker who can conduct and analyze research and work both independently and with the team to maximize the reach of our campaigns for animals.
- Many people say that they “thrive under pressure,” but this position has no shortage of tight deadlines, so you must really be able to crank out high-quality work within short timeframes.
- This is a high-stakes job! Dealing with the media and celebrities means that you must be very organized and pay close attention to detail.
- You’ll be working with the press and celebrities, so a professional appearance is key.
- You must support PETA’s philosophy and have the ability to professionally advocate our positions on issues.
- Naturally, you’d need to be committed to the objectives of the organization, and living a vegan lifestyle would be a part of this.
Please support us by letting PETA - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals know that you found this position on remoteworkers.net.