Head of Social Media
- 6 applicants
Head of Social Media
- Remote OK
An opportunity to make an impact and play a key role in the growth of a top-50 financial publisher. We are hiring a senior social media executive to join our team to help drive traffic and audience to Benzinga.com. At Benzinga, content is king. Benzinga combines and makes accessible both the news and the conversation. This hybrid approach allows us to deliver relevant trends and scoop stories no one else can. We live and breathe Benzinga, and our job is to spread the news like a grass fire and bring you the most engaging content possible.
As the Head of Social Media, you will have a direct hand in creating and curating content on all major platforms seen by millions of readers and impacting the industry as a whole. If you know how to build and engage audiences with personality, grit, video, text, and imagery and bring enthusiasm to everything you do, we want to talk to you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop an editorial calendar and social media strategy to support audience growth across all major social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Threads, Reddit, Tiktok, LinkedIn et. al) for a global publisher
- Evaluate and manage existing social media and graphics teams, with a focus around KPIs, deliverables
- Work cross-functionally with News, Marketing, Content, B2C, B2B, Advertising and Events businesses to achieve OKRs
- Utilize analytics to make informed decisions about content strategy in the financial media sector
- Engage with Benzinga’s audience to support awareness around our largest verticals and business initiatives
- Innovate, create, curate and optimize new content styles to deliver viral content
- Drive traffic to Benzinga.com and its Events and Product suite.
The experience you need:
- Minimum 5 years experience managing a corporate social media platform, preferably at a digital publication – financial media preferred
- 2+ years paid media campaign experience:- planning > optimization > ROI
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or similar field
- Ability to produce long and short form content – experience with image and video software a plus
- Sense of urgency and a sense of humor
- Expertise in cutting edge technology, media and fintech a big plus
- Passion for trading stocks and the markets.
- Track record of rapidly building audience – at both startups and established firms
Benzinga is a premier financial media platform that helps millions of people improve their trading and investing each month. By providing superior information, data, and tools, Benzinga gives individuals the edge needed to profit in financial markets. Our team is devoted to the ambitious mission of making financial information easier to consume.
Benzinga is growing rapidly and we are seeking mind-blowingly talented and detail-oriented professionals with knowledge of web technology, finance, and writing. The search for the driven, dedicated, and self-starting individuals who will help propel Benzinga into its next stage of growth is on.
Are you looking for a leave your ego at the door, teamwork-oriented environment? Do you love the idea of a role where every day offers new challenges? Then Benzinga is the place to be.