Head of Growth
- 4 applicants (9%)
Designlab is looking for a talented Head of Growth to help us expand our rapidly-growing online education platform. In this data-driven role, your primary responsibility is to own the growth strategy at Designlab and manage the team that executes it. In order to fulfill our mission to empower creators, you will be a key contributor in setting company goals to expand the reach of our programs and increase enrollment in our courses. Through admissions touchpoints, content marketing, paid advertising, email marketing, CRO, and more — your team plays an essential role in helping to achieve those goals.
We're a nimble, product-driven team focused on building the best experience in the world for creative skills training, and thousands of students across the globe have already advanced their skills and changed careers with our help. Our mission is to empower creators to do the work they love, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class product with rave reviews, we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors, and alumni.
In this role, you are responsible for managing and evolving the composition of the growth team/org to scale our current programs as well as new programs that we have in the pipeline. By owning our growth budget, you will work to maximize the ROI on every marketing dollar we spend — this includes everything from paid marketing spend to growth team compensation.
Sound interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!
- Define the high level growth strategy for both our established programs and any new programs launched
- Contribute to our company-level strategy planning process and advise on prioritization of major initiatives from a growth perspective
- Own the allocation of our growth budget across internal/external headcount, tools, and paid marketing channels in order to ensure optimal use of resources
Data & execution
- Leverage our growth data to measure the impact of our efforts and find actionable insights to inform future strategy
- Ensure the successful execution of all functional areas under the growth umbrella through effective leadership, including but not limited to: sales & admissions, SEO, paid advertising, affiliate marketing, email marketing and automations, CRO of the dotcom experience, social media marketing, webinars and events
- Directly manage our growth team, helping them to perform at their best and grow in their careers
- Evolve the org structure of the growth team to help achieve our business objectives
- Empower the growth team through the implementation and analysis of job descriptions, growth ladders, progress reviews, and engagement surveys within our established structures and cadence
- Demonstrate the impact of the team’s work on key product and business metrics
Cross functional collaboration
- Work with cross-functional partners to create and achieve company and team-level OKRs through an effective growth roadmap
- Support and collaborate with peers to bring growth insights and perspectives to cross-functional efforts
- Partner with Head of Design to ensure our brand image is consistent across all marketing channels and that it accurately reflects our brand identity
The Successful candidate will have:
- A passion for education, design, and creative work
- An analytical, process, and data-driven mindset as well as strong problem-solving skills
- A high level of proficiency with using both spreadsheets and third-party tools for data analysis
- Strong organizational skills, work ethic, and attention to detail
- Genuine excitement about working on the future of education with a small, talented, mission-driven team
- Minimum 10+ years experience in growth marketing
- Minimum of 5+ years in people management
- Exceptional English language skills in both written and spoken communication
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Generous paid vacation policy
- 4-day work weeks over the summer (“Summer Fridays”)
- Health & dental benefits
- Life Insurance & long term disability insurance
- Up to 2% retirement planning contribution
- Choose your own Mac setup
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
Apply using the "Apply for this position" button.
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application within two weeks of receiving it.
At Designlab, we know that building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive team empowers our community to achieve beyond the ordinary. We are committed to celebrating our differences as they are core to ensuring that our journey is both unique and powerful.