Growth Strategy Associate
- 5 applicants (17%)
Growth Strategy Associate
London, England, United Kingdom
Birdie is the leading home healthcare technology platform that aims to radically transform the lives of older adults. Its all-in-one solution supports millions of care visits every month, equipping care providers with the tools they need to deliver better quality care and improve efficiency across most day-to-day operations. Birdie is B-Corp certified and was recently named as a top two Home Health Tech provider globally in the cohort of top 150 Most Innovative Digital Health startups by CB Insight in 2021.
Lead initiatives to step-change Birdie’s growth! Drive evolution in our pricing & packaging, and build our partnerships function from scratch to create an ecosystem of connected apps for our customers. Take the lead in shaping the initiatives that will define the future of birdie’s go-to-market. Join us now and let’s improve millions of lives together!
How you will contribute:
- Work hand-in-hand with leaders across the organisation to identify and prioritise opportunities to accelerate Birdie’s growth – starting with our pricing & packaging, and partnerships strategies;
- Scope out initiatives, focusing on outcomes that will truly move the needle for the business;
- Own the project delivery, from organising timelines & activities, to ensuring decisions get made on time;
- Coordinate cross-functional team members to ensure you reach your objectives in the given timeframe;
- Ensure changes are embedded into the organisation, with clear communication & stakeholder management;
We’d love to hear from you if:
- Are an entrepreneur at heart, and love working in ambiguous, changing, energetic, start-up working environment.
- Are intellectually curious, constantly refining how to be best-in-class, and wanting to learn, improve and develop yourself.
- Take a structured approach to problem-solving, with strong analytical capabilities.
- Are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, and can simplify complex topics in a way that anyone can understand.
- Get things done and are willing to step up, roll up your sleeves and take ownership – and are confident leading initiatives independently.
- Always operate with high integrity, high emotional awareness, and subscribe to birdie’s values.
These are our ideal requirements, but we know some people are less likely to apply for the role unless they are 100% qualified. We promote a diverse, inclusive and empowering culture at Birdie, so please apply if you meet the majority of these competencies.
People are our core strength. We are social entrepreneurs, boasting an outstanding culture (employer net promotion score of 67) with strong values (B-Corp certified). We offer exceptional benefits and invest massively in our team’s happiness, wellbeing and growth:
Competitive salary of 65k: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience.
With Covid-19, we have decided to be a fully distributed team with Birdees working across the globe. As long as you’re +-3h from GMT, you can work from anywhere you want. We organise quarterly in-person events and online socials to make sure you can meet up with peers. If you want to come to the office, you’re most welcome of course!
L &D budget
Growth is key. You’ll have a personal development budget to put towards books (e.g., free audible subscription), courses, trainings and conferences; continuous coaching within the team and with external experts
33 days base holiday (25 days + 8 bank holidays) + Christmas eve day off
Birdie closes between Christmas and New Year so you can have some down time with your loved ones. This is in addition to your base holiday!
You can take your birthday off when it falls on a weekday! (effective from 1st Jan 2023!)
Private health insurance
Private health insurance with Vitality that covers many physical and mental health costs
Gym and wellbeing memberships
Gym membership and numerous other wellbeing perks and discounts via Vitality
Cycle to work scheme
Birdie will buy a bike up-front and you can salary sacrifice to pay-off over the next 12-36 months
Highly favourable parental leave policy for any new parent (we believe we must address the gender gap pay but fostering equal parental leave policies regardless of gender)
Birdie recognises the emotional and physical challenges which may arise during fertility treatments, and supports all Birdies by offering 5 additional paid days of leave.
Pension employer contribution
Birdie contributes to your pension
Frequent company socials, trips and meals
We organise many socials, quarterly retreats and annual trips (like our epic ski trips)
We see ourselves as social entrepreneurs shaping a new kind of organisation: caring, responsible yet fostering excellence.
Typical Interview Stages
- a 30 to 45 minute video call to get to know you, understand your career expectations and answer your questions
- Project day – 60 minutes of conversation based on a remote exercise to test your skillset
- Values round made up of 45 minute session with a colleague your core team and a 45 min video call with one of our co-founders (total 1.5 hours)
Usually, our hiring process lasts on average 2 weeks and offers usually come within 48 hours.
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strive to reduce unconscious bias throughout our hiring process. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status.
We endeavour to embrace diversity, and promote an inclusive environment for all Birdies, and actively work towards this with our Diversity & Inclusion Committee.
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us.