Growth and Marketing Manager
- 7 applicants (24%)
Discourse is a global company with a product that is 100% open source. Our team is 60 people and growing, and we’re excited to bring on our first experienced marketing expert who will report to our Chief Operating Officer and own our future growth efforts!
Discourse is transforming the online community space. Our product powers a substantial segment of successful online communities, with >30,000 Discourse instances globally. We have thousands of paying customers, with a growing number of Fortune 500 companies on our list, alongside many leading players in the fast-growth technology, gaming and blockchain/web3 spaces.
About the job
Our business is primarily conducted in the US but this role is fully remote and we’re accepting applicants from any timezone.
We are currently in a growth phase and while we have made some great headway with our marketing efforts recently, we are looking forward to welcoming an experienced marketing professional who can support our future efforts.
As such, this Growth and Marketing role has two equal focuses – ensuring that our existing customers are happy and successful, and exposing Discourse to new audiences. You’ll spend the bulk of your time working with leaders to refine and execute our company wide marketing strategy, building and executing strategies to drive product demand, collaborating with the sales and product teams to coordinate brand awareness and marketing efforts, and coordinating content creation for our blog.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years of experience in a growth marketing role at a startup.
- Is detail-oriented, proactive, and has excellent organizational skills with the ability to make decisions quickly.
- Works well independently and remotely. You should be comfortable managing your own time and prioritising your own work. We have no central physical office and are 100% remote!
- Has strong written communication skills. Most of your interaction with team members will be in writing, and we use our own software, Discourse, for most communication.
- Has a knack for implementing processes, technologies, and solutions for a fast-paced environment.
- Is kind to their co-workers. We believe in having a welcoming workplace where people with diverse backgrounds and cultures meet together to create something great.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing competitor and consumer analyses to shape new undertakings
- Creating content to amplify our brand via our blog and other platforms
- Establish positioning, identifying target audiences and developing marketing plans
- Leading the execution of marketing programs from start to finish, leveraging internal support and driving collaboration
- Creating, managing and experimenting with new customer acquisition campaigns
- Managing SEO efforts (although we don’t focus heavily on this at all)
- Building and maintaining the Marketing tech stack and ensuring the data output of those tools aligns with the Sales tech stack’s data output
About our Benefits
We believe that high-quality benefits make our team more effective. We’ve been thoughtful about our benefits package which include a completely flexible schedule, 5 weeks of vacation per year, funding for a co-working stipend, and much more!
Given our globally distributed nature our salary range for this role is broad, but we will be happy to discuss an appropriate range based on your geographic location.
Lastly, we believe in having a welcoming workplace where people with diverse backgrounds and cultures can create something great together. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t meet every qualification! Apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.