Time zones: EST (UTC -5) CST (UTC -6) PST (UTC -8)
About the job
Follow Up Boss is the leading CRM for real estate. Over the past year, events have emerged as an important growth channel for us, so we're bringing in the big guns (aka you) to help us level up our event marketing game.
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships, who also serves as our primary event producer, the Event Marketer will handle the close-in planning and logistics for events we host and attend. A full calendar of well-executed events will help us delight our customers and find new ones.
Practically speaking, that means:
- Source & manage venues and vendors
- Create event budgets and manage to them
- Coordinate marketing campaigns and assets to promote events, in partnership with the marketing team
- Travel to events and lead setup, daily onsite coordination and teardown
- Oversee technology/vendors to deliver online events
- Set up registrations and payment systems, answer attendee questions about registration, process refunds and one-off discounts
- Coordinate FUB-hosted activities at third-party events (e.g. organize customer dinners at major conferences we attend)
- Manage our inventory of event assets, coordinate shipping, identify what needs to be replaced, upgraded, etc.
Our events blend acquisition, retention and expansion marketing. At Follow Up Boss, we pride ourselves on putting customers first, all of the time. That means most of our marketing starts as customer marketing and expand from there. Customer marketing isn't one person's job; it's everyone's job.
This role is perfect for someone who's an experienced event planner and ready to work in an environment that gives them more autonomy and room to grow.
- 3+ years of event planning experience, working under an experienced event planner or producer
- 1+ years of B2B or B2C tech events experience
- Existing relationships with major venues/vendors in multiple cities across the US
- Willingness to travel regularly
- Excellent people skills: Comfortable interacting with vendors, colleagues and even customers
- Strong writing skills: Able to clearly brief our teams on everything they need to know about an event, and do it async
- Strategic mindset, desire to learn and adapt, ability to execute
- Previous experience with remote work and desire to be remote on an ongoing basis
Our Employment Package Includes
❤️ This is Us
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work anywhere in the US!
💰 Competitive salary: Our career framework pays in the top 10% no matter where you live.
👩🏾⚕️ Insurance: Company paid health, dental & vision insurance for all of our team members and their families.
🍼 Family leave: generous family leave - fully paid!
💻 Home office setup: Get a Macbook Pro + $1000 to set up your home office.
👩🏻🏫 Personal development stipend: $1000 per year to focus on bettering yourself.
🤑 401(k): With 6% company match!
✈️ Retreats: Join us for company get-togethers every year!
☕️ Co-working stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital and audio - you like, anytime.
💪 Gym: Monthly stipend to keep you active and feeling good.
☕️ Money each month to spend on caffeine.
Apply for the job
Do you want to join our team as our new Event Marketer? Then we'd love to hear about you!
FYI, we're only accepting US-based candidates for this role.