Email Marketing Specialist
- 11 applicants (14%)
Hi! We’re Strategy11, a WordPress Software Company with products like Formidable Forms and WP Tasty running on over 400,000 websites. We design software that helps businesses do more with less. It’s our mission to create tools that eliminate hurdles and help customers streamline development while cutting costs. Our customers have recognized us with a 95% satisfaction rating , and we couldn’t be happier that they recognize our dedication to quality.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for a talented Email Marketing Specialist to help us spread the word about our products! If you’ve ever wanted to write and strategize email campaigns in the software industry, this could be the perfect opportunity.
As Email Marketing Specialist, you’ll be joining the growth team where you’ll apply your creative writing and technical skills to create captivating email campaigns designed to support customer acquisition and retention. You’ll also be responsible for improving our existing email automations and creating new ones too.
You’ll love this role if:
- You take pride in the quality and craftsmanship rather than just getting it done.
- You’re an excellent communicator who makes sure nothing slips through the cracks.
- You’re passionate about leaving your mark on the web for all to see.
- You’re a self-starter who takes the initiative to solve problems and learn new skills.
- You feel comfortable working with minimal direction.
- You enjoy helping others on your team succeed.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Manage and optimize email customer acquisition and retention strategy across the range of Strategy11’s suite of software products.
- Take charge of maintaining lists and automations, ensuring emails are deploying as planned.
- Create layouts and graphics emails from top to bottom using email builder, templates and design tools like Figma and Canva.
- Writing email newsletters, feature announcements, and automated campaigns and sending them using Active Campaign.
- Stay on top of the latest trends in email marketing and identify strategies to boost both click-through rates and open rates.
- Split test subject lines, content, and automation triggers as needed to improve email metrics.
- Obsess over data with the goal of improving email stats and finding gaps for improvement.
Here are the skills and experience that will come in handy:
- Advanced WordPress Experience: Our audience is made up almost entirely of WordPress users. Understanding what makes them tick will be handy.
- Writing and Editing: You can write a well-structured email with impeccable grammar and spelling in a conversational tone. You can edit and proofread your own work to prevent errors.
- Image Editing: You can efficiently take screenshots; resize and crop images; add text, borders, or other elements; compress images; and upload and format them in WordPress so that they are clear, useful, and look good.
- ActiveCampaign (or similar) Experience: We use ActiveCampaign to handle email and CRM, so experience with this platform or similar platforms like Convert Kit or Drip is vital.
- Time Management: You’re able to juggle multiple tasks and projects and prioritize your work effectively to meet all deadlines.
- Previous freelance or remote work experience is a plus.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Equal love of writing and technical execution.
- Stats to demonstrate proven results in campaigns you designed and executed.
- A portfolio of relevant email content that you are proud to showcase.
- Graphic design experience creating header graphics and other images for email specifically.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Africa, Ireland, Philippines, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 60 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.