Director of Marketing Operations
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Title: Director of Marketing Operations
Location: United States
About the opportunity
Contentful is seeking a highly collaborative leader to drive both the strategy and tactical execution of our Marketing Ops function. Reporting to the VP of Performance and Growth, you’ll be responsible for optimizing the technology and building the data processes that fuel the marketing team. You’ll own and manage end-to-end Marketing systems and processes that enable lead routing and scoring, and support delivery of campaigns. Additionally you’ll oversee our martech stack with an eye for how to enable and optimize our demand funnel, programs, channels, and campaigns through best-in-class tech tools by creating, documenting, teaching, and enforcing processes.
What to expect?
- Oversee the Martech stack at Contentful to ensure tools and technologies are being utilized efficiently and strategically.
- Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM) used to generate, distribute, and report on leads; optimize the technology and build the data processes that fuel the marketing team.
- Manage and build a comprehensive lead routing and scoring system including architecting and enforcing lead processes and lead follow up.
- Manage and build the marketing and campaign operations team with a focus on developing processes, driving priorities, and ensuring there is a cohesive creation, execution and testing/optimization strategy to increase engagement and management of the technology and tools that underpins this.
- Help drive optimizations to and oversee Marketo setup including the lead management, scoring, routing, and nurture process.
- Alignment and partner closely with Marketing, Revenue Operations, IT, and the Contentful Product Team to ensure that both prospect and customer data hygiene between all systems is maintained.
- Build our MarTech Stack and supporting processes to enable PLG as well as Sales-led growth.
- Partner closely with peers leading the Growth and Web teams to align on processes and technology that underpins the ideal prospect journeys.
- Ensure that all marketing functions can leverage data across the MarTech stack efficiently and confidently.
- Drive our testing methodology and cadence to ensure that we are constantly in test and learn mode;
- Own the quality of our marketing database, including contact acquisition, enrichment, and deliverability.
- Manage marketing compliance and governance programs
What you need to be successful?
- 10+ years of marketing ops, including experience leading and managing global teams.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Marketo
- Experience in the SaaS space with preference for scaling teams and processes at high growth organizations.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and an ability to work closely with marketing, sales, and technical stakeholders.
- Understanding of lead score models and prospect journeys across both sales led and product led motions.
- Experience in both a PLG and Sales-led company environment with an understanding of how to bring together systems, technology, and processes to support these motions.
- Proven track record of managing and executing large numbers of projects integrated with other channels, involving many stakeholders and agencies, and defined KPIs.
- Deep understanding of the latest marketing tools and technologies and experience reviewing and vetting tools with experience on how the MarTech stack drives performance and understanding of program success and opportunities.
- Knowledge of the B2B marketing demand funnel, programs, and metrics that drive revenue with experience reporting on metrics and driving optimizations.
- Knowledge of compliance and data privacy and governance practices including GDPR and experience implementing appropriate programs to ensure marketing compliance.
- Proven track record of inheriting and improving existing technologies and implementing new technologies.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision-making skills to promptly navigate obstacles, resolve issues, and effectively advocate for your team.
- Data-driven marketing strategy, planning, budget allocation and organizational alignment experience
- Ability to translate quantitative data into actionable recommendations and business objectives into marketing goals and measurements: you know what to track and what matters.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and project management skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Join an ambitious tech company reshaping the way people build digital experiences
- Full-time employees receive Stock Options for the opportunity to share ownership and the success of our company
- We value Work-Life balance and You Time!A generous amount of paid time off, including vacation days, education days, and volunteer days
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for information, support, discussion, and counseling for life’s challenges
- Use your personal education budget to improve your skills and grow in your career. Join a free German class or one of our many internal learning initiatives!
- Use your physical fitness budget to get away from your desk and support your physical wellness
- Enjoy a full range of virtual events, including workshops, guest speakers, and fun team activities, supporting learning and networking exchange beyond the usual work duties
- A monthly phone/internet stipend and phone upgrade reimbursement after 2 years
- Plus, Contentful socks! And other amazing swag as part of company events. Oh yeah!
Who are we?
Contentful is the leading content platform that powers digital experiences for over 30% of the Fortune 500 companies and thousands of global brands. Our platform unifies content in a single hub , structures it for use in any digital channel and integrates seamlessly with hundreds of tools through open APIs. It lets developers and content creators work in parallel, increasing team efficiency and happiness. Companies such as Shopify, Staples, Atlassian, Electronic Arts, Chanel, Roche, Vodafone use Contentful to build their mobile and web products, voice-controlled apps and more.
We’re growing rapidly and we have secured over $330 million in funding from top-tier partners such as Tiger Global, Sapphire Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, General Catalyst and Benchmark.
More than 750 people from 70 nations contribute their energy and creativity to Contentful, working from hubs in Berlin, Denver and distributed around the world.
Everyone is welcome here!
Everyone is welcome here is a celebrated component of our culture. At Contentful, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
If you need reasonable accommodations at any point during the application or interview process, please let your recruiting coordinator know.
Please be aware of scammers who may fraudulently allege to be from Contentful. These types of fraud can be carried out through copycat websites, fake email addresses claiming to be from our company, or social media. We do not ask for your personal information such as bank account numbers, identification numbers, etc through social media or chat-based apps, nor do we request or send money for the purchase of business equipment. If you suspect fraud, please report it to your local authorities, as well as reaching out to us at [email protected]with any information you may have.
By clicking Apply for this job, I acknowledge that I have read the Contentful’s Candidate Privacy Notice , and hereby consent to the collection, processing, use, and storage of my personal information as described therein.