Director of Lead Generation
- North America
- 0 applicants (0%)
We are looking for a Director of Marketing to come in and lead our marketing department. We have good systems, good processes and a great product. But we need someone to come in and breathe new life and energy into what we're doing. And to lead us to our goal of 100 new clients per month.
That is why finding the right fit for this role is the company's TOP priority.
We believe that humans are underrated, that we are created in the image of God. And when we turn our ideas into legit products that help people, the world is a better place and the kingdom expands. That's why our mission is making it nearly impossible to fail for our clients to get customers.This allows our clients to have more impact, make really cool stuff, and not have to spend every waking hour worrying about revenue.
We've been in coaching and training for 10 years. Along the way, we've done a lot of fun and creative projects that any marketing geek will have their heart warmed by:
1. 24-Hour Product Challenges: Where we built a product from scratch in 24 hours and sold it, all while live streaming the entire process.
2. Tool Partnerships: We built entire SaaS products from scratch in order to land marketing partnerships with large companies in our industry.
If you geek out on this kind of testing and creativity in marketing, keep reading!
This role is important because without you we will not have the ability to continue expanding our training programs and tools. We need you to step into the marketing machine we have and make it better. Improve our approach, build upon what we've started, invent new and better techniques. And, most of all, have fun helping people turn their ideas into thriving businesses and then work with those businesses to grow them.
What you will do in this role?
As the Director of Marketing for Growth Tools you will own and rebuild our marketing department from the ground up. There are several aspects to that, but the most important is lead generation for our phone sales team. Meaning, you're more immediate item is booking 150+ appointments for our phone sales team each week via email marketing and paid ads.
You'll have 3 core areas and own 1 primary number.
The core areas you'll be focused on are below and in priority order:
Core Area #1. Building The Marketing Team
Outcome: Your team is close knit, enthusiastic, and has momentum and maniacal focus around the marketing department's goals. And those goals are clearly and simply aligned to the company's overall mission and targets. (25% of your time)
Core Area #2. Marketing Strategy
Outcome: You lead the marketing strategy for the company, always looking for large changes and small tweaks to improve things. Total marketing geek. (25% of your time)
Core Area #23: Operations
Outcome: You are a hardcore operator at heart that loves being in the weeds, writing marketing copy, crafting campaigns, and tracking and learning from the data so your team can make adjustments along the way. You don't get in your team's way, you empower them. But you love working side by side with them (50% of your time).
Your #1 goal is new clients.
"# of new clients per month" will be your north star and primary measure of how well you are doing in this role.
The number that you are in charge is "# of new clients per month" aka: sales.
And your 2 primary KPIs will be:
1. Booking 150+ sales calls booked per week
2. <$1,500 cost to acquire a client
As the leader of the company, my commitment to you is to always make sure you know what winning looks like and where you stand at all times. This is a performance marketing role.
So, if you LOVE the idea of being praised, paid and promoted due to your team's top notch production, you'll love it here! But if you like squishy marketing that focused on social media, branding and other extremely squishy marketing practices that don't actually drive revenue - you'll hate it here.
What will you learn in this role?
If you come from the traditional offline marketing world or a standard marketing agency, our pace of innovation, action taking, and iteration might be uncomfortable for you. You'll learn how to move fast, iterate quickly, and put zero value into sunk cost. You'll also get to finally spread your wings, get rid of the red tape and do your thing.
If you come from a large corporation or have a bloated management structure where you are now, this will feel like the first day out of prison after a 10-year stint.
If you come from the start-up world or are a Founder yourself, this will feel like a dream in which you can just focus on building the marketing team and engine you've always wanted.
If you are in marketing but have never taken on a Director role, this could be the opportunity you've been looking for. While we would love to have someone that's already "done it,". We're open to giving the perfect fit the opportunity.
However, if you prefer highly defined day-to-day duties, don't really enjoy figuring things out, and trying new processes seems intimidating, you won't do well in this role.
There is 0 red tape at Growth Tools. We don't care about how other people have always done things, how you have always done things, or what anyone's SOP is. What we care about is: 1) you love what you do every day and wake up excited to do it; and 2) our clients' success.
We ruthlessly measure both on a daily basis.
In this role you will be in charge of:
1. Getting 100s of qualified prospects on the phone with our sales team
2. Building out a simple yet robust marketing system
3. Hiring and empowering the best group of marketers you've ever seen
4. Turn Growth Tools into a household name known by every online coach
5. Drastically accelerate our pace to mission by breaking every sales goal you set
You'll walk away from your time at Growth Tools having built an amazing world- class marketing team or people that you love being with, call friends but also know how to get crap done and drive revenue.
This role will have been a success if you say: "That was the best team I've ever been a part of and the product we created is a high watermark of my career!"
Who will you work with?
You will work directly with Will Deshazo, our Director of Sales and Bryan Harris our CEO and founder.
We are a different kind of company. Our team is close knit, collaborative, competitive, and we maniacally give shout outs when we catch each other doing good things! (We even deliver cakes weekly to celebrate, too.)
It's possible to do work you love!
Where will you work?
We work remote and have for 10 years! We all work remotely and are scattered around North America from Vancouver to Cleveland, and Nashville to Birmingham. That means you have the flexibility to work from home or a coworking location.
What does Growth Tools do and why?
Growth Tools provides the tools and training to help online businesses once and for all solve the problem of getting more clients. We work primarily with teaching based businesses (course creators, influencers, coaches, etc.) to help them significantly grow their revenue and impact—including getting them on the INC. 5000 list. Our tools consist of 10 SaaS products that we give away for free. Our training consists of a 1:1 coaching business, Growth University.
We believe that humans are underrated and that we drastically underestimate what we're capable of. While much of the news and social media is focused on the negative, we have seen firsthand what a hope-filled entrepreneur is capable of and how much good they can do! At Growth Tools, our job is to help every client grow their business so more people can be helped and more good is done.
One of our clients, Chaitra Rahhakrishna, runs a small design studio. She works with e-commerce companies and helps them create beautiful websites that showcase and sell their products.
When we first started working with her, she had $0 revenue and had just given birth to her first child. 12 months later, while being an awesome mom, she also grew her studio to $100,000. This totally changed her life, gave her freedom to be creative, and truly pour out her best work to her clients.
Do you want to be on the front lines and directly involved with growing some of the coolest and more innovative companies in the world?
I look forward to talking to you.
PS: Here are 8 quick tips on how to stand out and get hired for this role.
- You have 3+ years experiencing scheduling 150+ appointments per week for a phone sales team via email marketing and paid ads.
- You have 3+ years leading a direct response marketing team
- You have 3+ years directly owning the revenue, leading KPIs and key marketing and revenue targets
- You eat, breathe and sleep direct response marketing
- You have directly owned filling calendars for a phone sales team
- You are a high-bandwidth person capable of handling a dozen projects at a time while prioritizing and executing on the most important ones
- You are really good with people and are energized by being around them
- Deep in your heart you want to be on a team of people that challenges each other, works tightly together and feels like family. You want to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Total Comp: $250,000+ per year (w/ $90 - 125k base + bonus)
- Work from home (we're 100% remote)
- Quarterly off-site product team retreats
- Epic Annual Company retreats
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for you and your family
- Short-term disability and life insurance for you
- Unlimited vacation (mandated 1-week/yr and Birthday's off)
- Unlimited education allowance
- Unlimited equipment allowance
- $100/mo. reimbursable personal / marriage counseling