Director, Business Operations
- USA Only
- 1 applicant (12%)
Director, Business Operations
Parsley Health is a digital health company with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere with the world’s best possible medicine. Today, Parsley Health is the nation’s largest health care company helping people suffering from chronic conditions find relief with root cause resolution medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journeys and our actions are focused on impact and results.
Parsley Health is hiring a Director of Business Operations to help shape the strategy, operations, and culture at Parsley Health. We are growing and scaling our business and we need strong cross-functional execution to build a new type of healthcare company.
The primary goal of the role is smooth, well-informed internal operations, including everything from ownership of our OKR process, specific cross team OKRs and initiatives, cross team communication, and company-wide accountability and ownership. In addition you will serve as a key member of the executive team where your role will be ensuring important strategic and operational pieces are executed with high fidelity and that stakeholders across the executive team and the broader company are communicated to and held accountable to deliverables.
Other specific ownership areas include running the executive team’s rhythm, convening and steering the broader leadership group, driving cross-company business operations, and identifying and directing new projects for the company.
This role will expose you to the full breadth of company departments and decisions, offering opportunities for you to make an impact big and small. As a part of our matrixed environment, you will serve as connective tissue and identify company needs.
What you’ll do:
- Executive Leadership: plan and run the executive team meeting rhythm to help our senior team stay aligned and accountable, find resolutions quickly, improve business outcomes, and work well across the company
- Leadership Alignment: gather the broader leadership group across the company for connectivity and collaboration, ultimately improving cross-company performance
- Operations: spearhead and lead the company’s quarterly and annual planning cycles to efficiently set goals and effectively communicate direction for the whole company; develop and improve other company systems for better communication, alignment, and empowerment
- Strategic Direction: coming out of planning discussions, make recommendations on longer-term business plans and their impact on the organization
- Project Execution: identify and run special projects, collaborate with finance and data team on creating models and business case framework, and owning execution that help push the company forward in new ways
- While needs will evolve over time, we expect this role will be allocated ~45% to executive and leadership team success, ~45% to company business operations, and ~10% to special projects
What you’ll need:
- 6+ years of work experience in a mixture of consulting, operations, and strategic roles; startup experience is key
- Successful track record driving change cross-functionally through influential leadership
- Exceptional structured thinking and organization skills for yourself, and broader team process building skills that balance effort with return
- Bias for action and sense of urgency – you will help the company’s executive team make choices and move faster
- Strong analytical skills (Excel and Looker proficiency is preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort operating in ambiguity
- Scale-up healthtech experience is a nice-to-have
Benefits and Compensation:
- Equity Stake
- 401(k) + Employer Matching program
- Remote-first with the option to work from one of our centers in NYC or LA
- Complimentary Parsley Health Complete Care membership
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plan options
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
- Annual professional development stipend
Parsley Health is committed to providing an equitable, fair and transparent compensation program for all employees.
The starting salary for this role is between $148,750 – $175,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with candidates during the process.
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members.
In light of recent increase in hiring scams, if you’re selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @parsleyhealth.com email address to guide you through our interview process. We look forward to connecting!