Digital Product Manager
- USA Only
Digital Product Manager
- Location: IL-Springfield or USA, Remote
- Career Area: Digital
The Digital Product Manager works as a member of Product Management Team to help maximize the value of the product and defines the work for multiple Scrum Development Teams. The Product Owner collaborates with Applications Product Owners, System Engineering, Data and Analytics Architects & Platform Architects to own and progressively elaborate functional and non-functional Epics, Features and Stories for the Development Teams to deliver. The Product Owner’s primary task is to create and manage the Product Roadmap and Backlog and to ensure everyone knows the priorities of the Product. The Product Owner is empowered to make all decisions regarding the Product Backlog.
Job Related Statistics
- Digital Platform Product Managers are accountable for functionally independent parts of the function they serve.
- They are accountable for driving the product roadmap for multi-year, multi-million-dollar digital platform development.
- Position will be responsible for a department of digital professionals
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the product and the work of the Development Team
- Responsible for acting as Product Manager for larger, more complex projects with high value to the organization
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and prioritizing the Product Backlog according to business value for the life of the project
- Communicate Product Backlog priorities to the team
- Act as the key decision-maker regarding what features the product will have
- Responsible for the vision of what is to be built, and conveying that vision to the team
- Owns the acceptance criteria of Digital Platform Epics
- Responsible for elaboration of epics and features to get those to Definition of Ready (DoR)
- Collaborates with Business Analysts and Scrum Masters
- Work closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Responsible for making decisions on release dates and content
- Represent the customer, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Participate in Sprint Planning meetings, Reveals and Retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at and accept or reject the delivery of Epics and Features.
- Communicates the releases of Digital Platform to stakeholder and customers
- Be a good role model of Scrum values; understand the framework and the roles of each team member
- Be a champion for the agile community and help to further the community within the organization
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering or related field
- 5 years’ experience as a product manager
- 7 years of experience leading a technical team while simultaneously managing multiple projects
- 3 years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate appropriately to ensure a team’s success
- Domain expert in business applications
- Strong accountability planning/organization, and teamwork
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as, VSTS, JIRA, Team Services, Rally, Aha
- Product Owner certification (CSPO from Scrum Alliance)
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
- Demonstrated ability to empower teams
- Strong accountability, teamwork, and interpersonal skills, and communication skills
- Knowledge of SDLC and demonstrated experience employing SDLC in aspects of the project management process
- Background in Information Technology
- Good knowledge of Caterpillar policies, standards, procedures, and a broad understanding of Caterpillar’s organization
- Chicago is the preferred location but will allow for remote work anywhere in the United States.
- Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities – are encouraged to apply.
There’s more to work at Caterpillar than just the work itself. We hire smart, friendly people and it shows in our culture. We hold ourselves to high standards and make sure our values of integrity, excellence, teamwork, commitment and sustainability come to life in the way we work. We make sure our employees feel continuously challenged while also supported. We provide professional growth opportunities, including leadership programs. We celebrate the diversity of our team, while also working together as one Caterpillar.
Our culture, like everything at our company, is made possible by each employee’s contribution. Person by person, we create the environment we work in, and we are proud of the Caterpillar we’ve built.