Digital Marketing Coordinator
GoSkills.com is an award-winning online education company that provides on- demand courses for busy professionals and teams that want to level-up their business skills quickly and effectively.
We are a small independent SaaS company with a great team culture.
We are looking for a motivated and super-organized Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our 100% remote team on a full-time basis.
Your team members will be based in North America and New Zealand, so ideally you are located within these time zones.
From day one, you will contribute to existing SEO, content, social media and digital marketing programs, while working with the team to develop and execute on new initiatives. Ideally, you will have prior experience with a wide range of marketing functions, and be an organized multitasker able to handle many diverse projects at once. If you are an excellent communicator with unparalleled writing and editing skills in English, we'd love to meet you.
Write and edit content ✍️
- Write engaging copy for email marketing campaigns, social media and landing pages.
- Write, edit and optimize blog articles based on our SEO and content strategy.
- Copyedit blog articles and other content, and perform quality assurance to ensure everything is error-free.
- Write compelling sales copy to maximize conversion.
- Craft and send our monthly newsletters for consumers and businesses.
- Pitch and write guest articles, mentions, quotes and award applications.
- Answer product-related questions on forums such as Quora and Reddit.
- Interview our customers and develop case studies.
- Create guides, ebooks, and documentation for our help center.
- Create images and graphics for emails, flyers, and social media using tools like Canva, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
People and relationships 💁♀️
- Build and maintain relationships with external parties to further the growth of the company through partnerships and media exposure.
- Manage affiliates and publishers on our affiliate marketing platform.
- Communicate with affiliates and partners to promote brand awareness.
- Pitch and run outreach campaigns for back linking, media and public relations.
- Build partnerships through link exchanges and other forms of outreach.
- Communicate with customers to understand their journeys and resolve their questions.
- Light customer support work to respond to customer inquiries and feedback primarily via email.
- Collaborate with internal sales and design teams to optimize the user experience.
- Build a thriving community around our learners, business customers and instructional designers.
Plan and manage content 🤓
- Plan and coordinate a content calendar for social media, emails and our blog.
- Optimize our social media presence by producing engaging content such as videos, gifs and infographics.
- Monitor and engage with followers on social media platforms to connect with our customers and partners in a meaningful way.
- Manage social media and email marketing for sales and promotions.
- Pitch new ideas for marketing projects and customer growth.
- Track marketing performance and run reports.
You're a great fit if you have:
- A bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a marketing coordinator, marketing manager, content editor, content writer or similar position.
- Impeccable attention to detail. You hold yourself to high-quality standards and are a perfectionist.
- Excellent writing, copyediting and proofreading skills in English. You sweat over every word and strive to strike just the right tone for the target audience.
- A good eye for design. You know how to set a creative direction for published materials that looks modern and professional.
- Good analytical skills. You make data-driven decisions based on the analysis of campaign performance.
- Strong knowledge and experience with SEO and keyword research.
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems, Google Analytics and publishing tools such as Hootsuite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You're a natural people-person with a bubbly personality. You love connecting with people and are eager to help customers, partners and coworkers.
- Great organizational skills. You enjoy turning chaos into order with organization and efficiency. From planning new projects to ensuring projects are completed on time, you love managing every last detail.
- The determination to get things done. You are a strong operator who takes ownership of your tasks and sees them through to successful completion.
- A collaborative attitude and understand that we can only be successful as a team. Like everyone else on our team, you are fair, honest and respectful.
- Experience working remotely and across different teams and time zones.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for marketing. You thrive in start-up environments where wearing many hats and working across teams and time zones is required.
- Experience creating video content. (Not a must, but a bonus!)
What you get:
- Remote work : We are a fully remote and distributed team, with our team members spread across 11 countries currently. For this role, you should be able to work with a significant overlap with US and New Zealand time zones.
- Vacation days : 20 days of paid time off a year, plus your local holidays.
- Work-life balance : Enjoy a flexible day schedule based on your personal daily routine. This is a full time position, so we expect 8 hours of work time per day. We don't expect crazy long hours, overtime and burn out. We expect good time management skills and high quality output during your regular work hours.
- Team retreat : We all travel and meet up at an exotic location for a week once a year (under normal circumstances) at our team retreat to have fun and get to know each other. Our next retreat is in Costa Rica!
- Strong team culture : We build and maintain a strong team culture. This includes weekly all-hands Zoom calls, weekly team calls, and virtual catch-ups over tea/beer/coffee. There are no internal politics, we speak up if there are any issues and we treat each other with respect. We also like to be social, kind and fun.
- Diversity and inclusion : Our team members come from diverse backgrounds from different countries and cultures, and we are equally represented by gender (50:50 ratio), including our co-founders and management team. We value each person's opinion and unique perspective. We love to solve problems creatively and collaboratively.
- Autonomy in your work : We trust you to make the best decisions to achieve your goals. We provide you with enough support to get your work done to a high standard and let you get on with it. We have a flat company structure, we make fast decisions, and iterate quickly.
- Personal growth and development : We invest in your long-term growth and development. You will work closely with team members to grow your skillset and we support you with courses, mentorship, training, workshops, and conferences.
- Top-notch tech stack : We use Slack, Trello, Google Docs, Google Drive, and Zoom to communicate and collaborate efficiently.
Why work for GoSkills?
Does the thought of working with a fully remote, bootstrapped team of driven individuals excite you? Do you have the drive to accelerate us on our path to becoming a fast-growing educational company?
This is your opportunity for a meaningful, long-term role to accelerate your career by being part of the growth of an innovative tech company. Your work will have a real-life impact on people's lives as we help them learn, upskill and stay relevant in the workplace.
About our team
Our team is small and fully distributed, and working remotely is part of our DNA. This means you'll find a great remote working environment focused around making your day-to-day enjoyable and efficient.
We are a fun and social bunch, who communicate daily across time zones and continents, and have a strong culture that reflects the following values.
Freedom & equality: Everyone deserves autonomy in their jobs and an equal chance at success.
Openness & creativity: Speak up! We encourage open communication, questioning minds and thinking outside the box.
: Have fun and be silly! Follow your passion, love what you do and don't take life too seriously :)
If this sounds like you, please apply for the position here: https://goskills.typeform.com/to/UYQaSFl9