Digital Marketing Associate
- USA Only
- 0 applicants (0%)
Digital Marketing Associate
American Humane is seeking an experienced Digital Associate to help support American Humane’s multifaceted digital content and fundraising initiatives. This position can be remote or a hybrid of remote and office-based work based at American Humane’s national headquarters in Washington, DC and reports directly to the Director of Digital Fundraising. American Humane is committed to fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. As we seek to fill this position, we highly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
For more than 100 years American Humane has been first in promoting the welfare and safety of animals and strengthening the bond between animals and people. We are first to serve, wherever animals are in need of rescue, shelter, protection or security. Through our innovative leadership initiatives from our No Animals Were Harmed program in Hollywood to broad-based farm and conservation animal welfare certifications, to rapid response rescue and care across the country American Humane sets the gold standard as the most visionary and effective animal welfare organization in the nation.
The position of Digital Associate will focus on supporting and optimizing programs in digital advertising, email marketing, website, database systems, and reporting & analytics under the direction of the Director of Digital Fundraising.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of American Humane’s websites
- Monitor and analyze web and email metrics to enhance traffic and supporter participation
- Mock-up and execute HTML and text-based emails in our digital marketing platforms
- Track performance using internal reporting systems and analytics tools within our digital marketing platforms
- Provide insightful analysis and reporting on digital fundraising outcomes and performance
- Help manage and execute email-specific stewardship to online donors
- Assist with the creation of landing pages, donation pages, and all things related to online fundraising
- Work with the Director of Digital Fundraising to identify, explore and implement creative online strategies to increase online traffic, subscribers and action rates for advocacy and fundraising
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned
Essential experience, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, digital advertising, or related field
- Minimum 3 years prior related work experience
- Proven website management experience (design, development, coordination, application, installation, modification, and maintenance of websites)
- Ability to write standards-based, semantically correct code following SEO best practices
- Proficiency in CRM & CMS Blackbaud, HubSpot, Classy, Salsa, Joomla and WordPress highly preferable
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat Pro
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and the ability to create and analyze reports
- Experience with Google Analytics and a basic understanding of SEO
- Project management skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, the ability to work well both as part of a team and independently, and the ability to organize and manage multiple tasks within demanding deadlines
- Broad knowledge of the digital marketing industry and a drive to stay on top of changing trends
- Sound judgement and discretion in handling and securing confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner
- Has a self-disciplined, action-oriented work style with strong work ethic
- In addition to Excel, demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite- Teams, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
Physical demands and work environment:
- Position can be remotely based or a hybrid of office/telework out of our Washington, DC office location. Remote or hybrid work will be based on organizational policy, need and manager discretion.
- Must be comfortable with animals, in particular dogs, in the office and at events.
- Travel estimated at 2-3 times per year.
- Occasional weekend work needed during organization’s Rescue deployments or breaking news-related events.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods;
- Look at and work off of a computer screen for extended periods;
- Talk, hear and exchange information over the telephone, computer and in person.
American Humane’s core values define our workplace, and these values serve as the cornerstone for interactions in advancing our mission and institutional goals. Employees are expected to adhere to all organizational policies and to act as role models, demonstrating American Humane’s core values:
Compassion Being kind and caring in our interactions with others.
Accountability – Holding ourselves to the highest standards. Following through on commitments and owning our actions, behavior, and decisions.
Respect for All Being professional, listening to others and honoring diversity in all its forms.
Loyalty to Mission Staying focused on our purpose and our mission our nation’s most vulnerable depend on us.
Sustainability – Contributing to being a great place to work and achieving our shared mission and goals to make a difference, now and in the future.
Honesty, Integrity, Trust Demonstrating transparency, as trusted stewards of donor resources, supporting our leadership and one another.
American Humane (AH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to fostering and growing diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and the humane space.