Digital Engagement Strategist
- USA Only
Digital Engagement Strategist
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Director of Communications and Publicity
- Location: Los Angeles, CA; Washington, DC; or Remote
- Benefits: Remote work, flexible hours, health benefits, room for advancement
Animal Outlook is a national non-profit animal protection organization working to disrupt animal agribusiness and create a kinder world for all. We have an open position for a digital engagement strategist to maintain and grow the organization’s social media and online presence, engagement and donor base, as well as publicizing our programmatic work, achievements, and overall mission working with the director of communications and publicity.
Animal Outlook is hiring a digital engagement strategist to help strategize, write, design and implement our full array of digital programs including social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn), blog posts and other web content, development and fundraising content, email newsletters, and associated collateral for each.
Working with the Director of Communications and Publicity, the Digital Engagement Strategist will create and run an effective digital engagement program by establishing and implementing a strategic and cohesive voice that represents Animal Outlook and by building and implementing a process to increase engagement, followers and donations. The Digital Engagement Strategist also will assist with maximizing the impact of Animal Outlook’s investigative, legal, corporate engagement and outreach work through owned and earned media by consistently communicating Animal Outlook messaging to current and future supporters, pre-vegans and vegans, donors and other key stakeholders. Working with the Director of Communications and Publicity, the Digital Engagement Strategist will brainstorm and implement ways to tell stories about Animal Outlook’s programmatic work and mainstreaming vegan ethics that will generate media attention and social media engagement and follower growth while also driving traffic to the Animal Outlook website. Also assisting with development, the Digital Engagement Strategist will work on donation asks through emails and social media.
- Proven track record building and growing social media accounts with a large following (100+K) and high engagement across multiple platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Strong understanding of SEO and social media best practices. Basic video editing skills a plus.
- General analytics, Google Analytics, and A/B testing experience, ideally including methods training for application of social science principles.
- Deep knowledge of social media trends and scheduling tools such as Tweetdeck, graphic design programs such as Photoshop, blogging tools such as WordPress and email marketing tools such as MailChimp.
- Ability to create and manage Facebook ads; knowledge of ad analytics and tracking tools such as Facebook Pixel.
- Excellent writing and editing skills across a variety of platforms, with specific experience writing for advocacy organizations for communications and development purposes. Specific experience in nonprofit fundraising, including grant writing and other written communication with donors and supporters, is a plus.
- Project management and organizational experience and skills, high level of organization and analytical skills; project management or equivalent certifications a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of relevant work experience required.
- Ability to multitask and work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, remote environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, strong problem-solving skills and creative thinking skills.
- Flexibility and openness to evolving responsibilities.
- PR and marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience with high-profile people including celebrities and major donors is a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to Animal Outlook’s mission.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at once and change direction as needed.
Benefits: Health and retirement, generous vacation package.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Animal Outlook is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a work environment free of discrimination and retaliation. Animal Outlook does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, personal appearance, pregnancy, parental status, family responsibilities or any other bases protected by federal, state, or local laws and regulations.