Digital Communications Specialist
Are you dedicated to building a criminal justice system that works? Are you a strong and creative writer with experience in social media, web design, and developing digital communications strategies? Are you an organized person who can prioritize multiple tasks at a rapid pace? Join us at the Council on Criminal Justice!
The Digital Communications Specialist Role
The Digital Communications Specialist manages the Council’s online and digital communications to build our following, elevate our profile, and generate high- value engagement of criminal justice and public policy leaders, including Council members. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated tactical and strategic excellence creating and running successful multi-channel digital campaigns. Candidates must be self-starters who are passionate about their work, analytical and innovative in their thinking, and motivated to work with our team to deliver exceptional results for a growing organization.
- Design and develop content and manage communications across multiple social media platforms/networks, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and more.
- Manage the organization's external web presence, including the website, member portal, blog, and digital publications. Work closely with the Operations Team and external vendors to respond to and address website issues.
- Develop digital communications strategies that reflect the organization’s goals and position in the field and maximize its online and social media presence.
- Ensure digital communications are visually compelling, easy to understand, and in keeping with the Council’s overall communications guidelines and strategy.
- Develop graphics for publications, reports, social media posts, and more.
- Develop reports on communications and engagement performance, trends, and projected growth.
- Conceptualize and provide support for online events (from web-based board meetings to large convenings), including invitations, graphics, registrations, and reporting.
- Contribute to and participate in other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Minimum of two years of experience in digital marketing/communications. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and execute assignments in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Experienced design generalist with a demonstrated foundation in UX/UI principles.
- Experience with social media management and optimization required.
- Experience creating effective data visualizations.
- A demonstrated interest in criminal justice policy and/or experience working with member associations is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in WordPress and MS Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- The ability to represent the organization with poise and professionalism during regular interaction with stakeholders in the criminal justice field is essential.
- This is primarily a remote position , but will require periodic domestic travel. Candidates must have the ability to produce independently while effectively collaborating with a team.
To be considered for this role, submit your application, resume, and cover letter through Workable. We encourage you to include examples of your relevant work and/or your interest in criminal justice policy.
The Council offers a competitive salary and full benefit package. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage candidates of any age, color, ethnic background, country of origin, religion, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity to apply.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
- Wellness Resources