Cybersecurity Research Engineer
- 16 applicants
Cybersecurity Research Engineer
NetSPI is a dynamic cyber security company headquartered in Minneapolis. We are the global leader in offensive security, delivering the most comprehensive suite of penetration testing, attack surface management, and breach and attack simulation solutions. Our global cybersecurity experts are committed to securing the world’s most prominent organizations, including nine of the top 10 U.S. banks, four of the top five leading cloud providers, four of the five largest healthcare companies, three FAANG companies, seven of the top 10 U.S. retailers & e-commerce companies, and many of the Fortune 500.
NetSPI is constantly growing and looking for innovative minds to join us in helping some of the largest organizations in the world protect their technology and data from cyber criminals. If you thrive in a collaborative setting and enjoy working with best-in-class technology – we want to meet you!
We are seeking a cybersecurity research engineer who is ready to work with innovative technologies and architecture in an organization that is pushing the boundaries of Attack Surface Management. Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of research projects across our entire platform. Our ideal candidate has experience building products from scratch and a firm understanding of network penetration testing, web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple backend languages. You will be joining a small team working at the forefront of modern technology, solving the challenges that impact the entire business, and delivering amazing global user experiences.
- Work across engineering and operations to identify and automate the detection of emerging threats in our clients’ attack surfaces
- Stay up to date with the latest CVEs and threats that can be added into our monitoring
- Work independently and in collaboration with internal and external teams to conceptualize and implement new capabilities into our scanning workflows
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify emerging security threats, and develop and deploy detections for these into the product
- Participate in all aspects of software development including design, implementation, testing, and deployment
- Work primarily with Python, NodeJS, Docker, Postgres, and Java
- Collaborate across time zones via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences
Minimum Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or applicable work experience
- 2+ years of experience in penetration testing or security engineering
- Experience building web applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of AWS, Terraform, ReactJS, and Typescript
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Passion for problem-solving, and research and development
- Strong grasp on both offensive and defensive security principles and practices
- Interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies to grow
- Professional certifications or demonstrable comparable experience
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION NetSPI is a fast-growing, dynamic cybersecurity company headquartered in the North Loop of Minneapolis. As the leader in vulnerability orchestration and security testing, we’re continually growing, and we pride ourselves on keeping absolutely current and cutting-edge in everything we do.