- USA Only
Credo is looking for an experienced Content Marketer to join the team on a contract basis (15-20 hours a week) with the potential for full-time employment in the future.
If you love creating content online, have deep experience in marketing/sales/business growth, love (and are demonstrably good at) promoting it, and know how to drive business success with it, we want you on our team! Basically, we’re looking for the Leo Widrich of Buffer circa 2011/2012.
If you know that reference, we definitely want to speak with you.
As Content Marketer, you will be responsible for executing our content strategy with the ultimate goal of driving more organic and referral traffic that moves the needle on our core conversion metrics.
You will work directly with our founder and team to continually develop, implement, and refine our overall content strategy based on our specific goals and objectives.
Experience and abilities
Specific experience and abilities you should have include:
- Ability to create consistent free resources (4-6) publicly each month to drive leads, subscribers, and organic traffic;
- Experience in creating various types of content such as ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, blog posts, etc.;
- Understanding of keyword research for SEO;
- Understanding of audience research and how to identify both trending and evergreen topics;
- Manage and develop a blogging strategy;
- Ability to work with designers, product, marketing, sales, external influencers, and other industry experts;
- Developing and adhering to internal policies and procedures around content.
Qualifications and other important things
To succeed in this role, you need:
- 3-5 years of experience in producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- A strong eye for grammatical errors and typos;
- Experience building audiences online or offline;
- Experience with WordPress and publishing online;
- Experience measuring the impact of content to business performance;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in a remote-first environment;
- A strong bias towards action and asking forgiveness instead of permission.
Why you should work with us
Working at Credo can accelerate your career and give you the opportunity to work with world-class clients. We’re a small team of 6, mostly based out of Denver, Colorado. We love what we do and thrive on our ability to make an impact. We’re small, but making waves in a big industry.
There are many benefits that come with working with us such as:
- The company closes at 1 pm MDT every Friday of the year (“The Endless Summer”) so you can go enjoy Colorado’s great outdoors (or wherever it is that you live);
- Working with world-class entrepreneurs and having a direct impact on the company’s future;
- Driving a difference in the marketing world by empowering companies to do a better job hiring;
- Freedom to travel and work from wherever you want;
- A remote-first work culture.
Credo is located in Denver, Colorado. Ideally, you will be in Denver, but this is not a requirement.
Please note that we are only able to hire US-based candidates at this time. This is a 1099 contractor role.
Compensation is market competitive, with expectations between $25,000-$35,000 annually for this part/half time role depending on experience and expertise.
Apply today using the form on this page. If we move you to the next stage of the hiring process, please be prepared to provide 3 examples of work you’ve created and published publicly in the marketing space.
Ideal but flexible start date is November 15, 2021.